Share your chicks growing up.

Rhandi74

Songster
5 Years
Mar 31, 2014
East TN
I thought it would be neat to have a place to share our chicks as they grow from chick to adult.

I currently have a hen who hatched out 4 chicks. They hatched on 7/13/14-7/16/14. My rooster is a beautiful LF cochin and he was in with several other breeds so these chicks are mixed.

Here they are

Sunshine

Cole

Snow White

Maybaline

Jewel with her chicks

This is them now

Sunshine

Cole

Jewel with them all

I will post better current pictures of Snow White and Maybaline in a little while.

Hi,
Currently I have... (Ill start with my oldest and work my way down)

Hens 6 months old both just started to lay

•Rainbow/EE she has been laying for 1 week yesterday and has gone broody already!!!! She is in with a polish rooster and only has one egg of hers under her and this morning I just put 2 serama eggs under her that she excepted so hopefully in 19 to 20 days now i hope to have 3 little ones. We will just have to wait and see.
Rainbow is the rescue hen I bought about a month and 1/2 ago in really really bad shape at a flea market.She is doing so good now!

• tonto /serama hen just started to lay on Saturday! Her eggs are the two I put under rainbow. To to is in with a serama rooster.

•Mary gold, sunflower, river/red, buff and blue cochin bantam pullets born 5/23/14 and 6/11

•dove, fawn/OEG bantam and golden neck d'uccle born 5/23/14

•Hawaii/LF splash cochin pullet born 6/2/14

•2 EE's no names yet 2 weeks old

•2 possible sebrights and 2 possible wyandottes. Not sure yet, all 1 week old bought at feed store as clean leg bantam assortment.

That's all my chicken for now, I have 2 or 3 silkies coming on Thursday. I want a white, splash and or buff if they don't have white or splash.

And of course the possible babies under rainbow!!!!!

Will try to get pics up later, and keep u posted on my 4 week olds and rainbows eggs!!!!

I love to see pics of jewel and her babies keep them coming :)

I currently have 2 Partridge Cochin cockerels, and 4 Partridge pullets, sorry, no pics yet. Also 21 Black Jersey Giants (2 or 3 cockerels, the rest are pullets), 1 Black Copper Marans rooster, 3 golden sex link pullets, and 1 Plymouth Barred Rock pullet. Also temporarily boarding 1 roo and 5 hens for another member, not really sure what breeds they are, except one is a white crested Polish bantam.
So, subscribe me! Will post some pics later today, but they aren't terribly recent.

ok, I promised you pics, so I went out and took a bunch today. The first 4 pics are partridge pullets, and the next 4 are partridge cockerels. Sorry for the cockerel pics, they got a little shy when I whipped out the camera.

All these birds are 12 weeks old. I got them from My Pet Chicken, the original order was for 3 cockerels, and 5 pullets. I cockerel was DOA when I opened the box, and one of the pullets died a few weeks ago when it got stuck between a coop and a wall, so right now, I have 2 cocks and 4 pullets. Plan on getting some blue cochins in the near future.

Last edited:
ok, I promised you pics, so I went out and took a bunch today. The first 4 pics are partridge pullets, and the next 4 are partridge cockerels. Sorry for the cockerel pics, they got a little shy when I whipped out the camera. All these birds are 12 weeks old.
I really like the first one, they are all very nice looking birds. Thanks for the pictures.

Here is pics of Maybaline and Snow White

Maybaline

Snow White

I also have some Marans chicks and 2 LF Cochins here are their pics.
I am raising them for a fellow BYCer and they are keeping a couple and I get the rest.

This one is my favorite out of this bunch. I call him Rocky, I always like the roos best. These guys are all 6 weeks old.

These are my girls at two weeks old

From the top left; Heady , a Easter Egger bantam who looks like an owl, Fiona, Easter Egger bantam who looks like a crow, Sissy, a Red Star, Queenie, a speckled Sussex

My girls are 14 weeks now. The owl turned into a pigeon, the crow is still a crow, Sissy is a giant and Queenie should be a chicken model she's so pretty. They have discovered the deck and they love each other sooo much. When they free range they never separate and love to cuddle in a heap for a sun bath. Still can't tell whose top chick but believe its between Sissy and Quennie. I really hope they stay best friends even when their hormones change & they begin laying.

So it looks like Maybaline will be a black cochin. What are your guesses for Snow White?
I really am not sure, it's feathers are coming in mostly grey with a little white. I think Snow White is a cockerel because he has the most wattle development. He is also very hard to take pics of. Not very photogenic. Here are a few more shots of Snow White maybe you can see the color better on these.

Welcome to the thread, Lulabell!

Here are some more pics of my chickens, the first pic is of a Plymouth Barred Rock, 12 weeks old, and she is my baby. Probably my smallest chicken, after the morning feeding she jumps into my lap and takes a nap.

This is one of my Jersey Giant cockerels, 12 weeks, I call him BigFoot.

Another JG cockerel, 12 weeks

2 JG cockerels

2 JG Pullets, with 2 golden sex links in the background, all 12 weeks

Another JG pullet, 12 weeks

And this is Jenny, the lone survivor from my first batch of JG's. She is 14 weeks now, but only 6 weeks in this pic.

Back
Top Bottom