She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Did you hear anything on your eggs?

You just reminded me so I checked and nothing. No reply. I sent another message saying I was just checking to make sure she got my message. Lol. Someone on here said maybe she's on vacation, Idk. I'll wait till Friday and then contact a different breeder. Thanks for asking. And I didn't get to pick up the black chick today either. My kids were ready to kill each other this morning. I'm not joking. Fighting & crying. Yelling like little sailors at each other when they thought I couldn't hear. So I took them out for the whole day! Did you get a video of the cockerel crowing, yet? :)

You just reminded me so I checked and nothing. No reply. I sent another message saying I was just checking to make sure she got my message. Lol. Someone on here said maybe she's on vacation, Idk. I'll wait till Friday and then contact a different breeder. Thanks for asking. And I didn't get to pick up the black chick today either. My kids were ready to kill each other this morning. I'm not joking. Fighting & crying. Yelling like little sailors at each other when they thought I couldn't hear. So I took them out for the whole day! Did you get a video of the cockerel crowing, yet? :)

Ah, sorry about the black chick, maybe tomorrow! And the egg person, I guess she could be on vacation. When I did my last hatch, I was waiting on a reply that didn't come, so I went elsewhere, then of course heard from the original person. Gripes me to no end lol
Kids... They can be a handful sometimes! Better you than me, as they say! :gig

Ah, sorry about the black chick, maybe tomorrow! And the egg person, I guess she could be on vacation. When I did my last hatch, I was waiting on a reply that didn't come, so I went elsewhere, then of course heard from the original person. Gripes me to no end lol
Kids... They can be a handful sometimes! Better you than me, as they say!
gig.gif
You did hear from her after you got the other eggs?? I missed that...lol

Yea I think I was on day 5 with the others. Told her my Bator was already running and I was too far along and didn't want to do a staggered hatch.
Truth be told, I wish I had gotten them! Lol
LOL. Did you get your bator fixed and running right?

I have 8 layers and I average 4-5 eggs daily. I don't usually get less than 3 or more than 6. A couple days ago I got 7 and today I got 8. Pretty sure it's the first time I've had all 8 lay in one day. I was pretty happy. Of course the two days in between I got 2 and 3 lol,

Now, I thought Araucanas came from SA some where.  Araucanas are rumpless, which carries a lethal gene, so they were mixed with other breeds to retain the blue egg color but ditch the lethal gene, and those mixes became the base for Ameraucanas.  Mix it up a bit more with non standard colors, and you have EE.  

True, but that was one single BA, not a true representative of the entire breed.  Still an awesome chicken, and the ones in Australia are exceptional.  Make ours look like scrawny bantams.

Just love that curious Nellie!
I see you'r incubator is a more recent model.  I have the black and white version.  What are you running the humidity at with your model?  My hatch is down to 7 eggs, one clear eliminated.  Day 10. 

My hubby's grandmother was able to go off her BP med after her husband died.  Sad... he loved to wind her up.  He took great pride in it.  

Perhaps the seller has gone on vacation.

IMO I'd rather set a pullet egg than one from an old hen at the end of her productive lay cycle.

I don't know what humidity that ones running at - it's a half hour drive from my house and I haven't been back since I got the photo 10 days ago.

LOL. Did you get your bator fixed and running right?

I have 8 layers and I average 4-5 eggs daily. I don't usually get less than 3 or more than 6.  A couple days ago I got 7 and today I got 8. Pretty sure it's the first time I've had all 8 lay in one day. I was pretty happy. Of course the two days in between I got 2 and 3 lol,

Bator not fixed, although I haven't tested it since I cleaned it after the last hatch. Fridge bator has not been worked on either (gonna have to get after hubby about that!) but I think I'm safer without a working bator! Hahaha

I've been getting the same looking 3 eggs since Sunday now, so 4 days straight. I filled a dozen carton today! No new layers yet, but the 3 have been doing great! I am assuming its the same 3 layers because they look so much like the prior days, yet different from each other, but I could be wrong!

Back
Top Bottom