She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

5 hatched and 4 pipped! I'm super excited that I have a possible 9 out of 14 shipped eggs and possibly more.

That's egg-cellent!! So happy for you. You have to post pics when the hatch is over!
1f423.png

So this link is not an endorsement of the company, but they have images of the fencing I wanted to mention.

I had this type of fencing around a pool I once owned. Its awesome stuff, and very durable, I think it would even hold up to Chickens. So, with this type of fencing SC, you'd only have to provide the ground 2" x 6" boards with holes pre-cut in them to accept the posts...and tada, you'd be supplying a coop with a run. Either they order the fencing, or you do...No gate required to get into the run, just unclip at one post and bing, you're in. This is what I plan on making my run out of. Some deer fence mesh from Lee Valley to cover the top and you're all set. The fence rolls up easily, the boards get picked up and moved where'ever, and you put some hooks on the outside of the coop to hold all that run stuff while you're moving the coop...

Just got the coop up today! I've been looking at and brainstorming run options all day. Thank you for the link. Do they ship? It looked more like a "local" deal.

So let me introduce another topic here. Who here caponizes heritage roos they intend to process? What effect does that have on the age at which they can be processed....any?

I think it's a great option but as someone stated before, I could only do it if the bird was anesthetized. People used to consider the meat to be a delicacy. No testosterone...so the meat is not tough. But I read about these gas balls, or air bubbles that come up under the skin after you close the incision and you have to keep popping them...that part grosses me out!

Omg. The biggest turkey egg pipped down the small end. And was facing the floor. It was stuck to the shelf liner. I candled saw no movement. Wenter in to the air cell. Veins all receded. Opened 5he pip hole a bit more so it could breath. Wrapped it all back up in damp paper towel. Hubby was on the phone so had to wait to tell him that I thought I had lost the baby. I made him come back and check with me. Got the stethoscope and listened for about 2 mins and then he kicked the stethoscope. Wrapped him back up and put him back in the bator. It's going to be a very long night. Hatch day 28 is tomorrow. I am not quite sure how much to assist. I am hoping it is getting air. Because I completely opened the air sack and I sea butt.

Well finally made it to New Braunfels. So I can sit down and thank you all for giving me help and advice. And for all the condolences on the loss of our little Tiny Tim. I am very appreciative. of all of you. I love my BYC family Thank you all.

Omg. The biggest turkey egg pipped down the small end. And was facing the floor. It was stuck to the shelf liner. I candled saw no movement. Wenter in to the air cell. Veins all receded. Opened 5he pip hole a bit more so it could breath. Wrapped it all back up in damp paper towel. Hubby was on the phone so had to wait to tell him that I thought I had lost the baby. I made him come back and check with me. Got the stethoscope and listened for about 2 mins and then he kicked the stethoscope. Wrapped him back up and put him back in the bator. It's going to be a very long night. Hatch day 28 is tomorrow. I am not quite sure how much to assist. I am hoping it is getting air. Because I completely opened the air sack and I sea butt.

Oh my goodness! Sending good vibes your way. Good luck! Come on turkey, hang in there!

Well finally made it to New Braunfels. So I can sit down and thank you all for giving me help and advice. And for all the condolences on the loss of our little Tiny Tim. I am very appreciative. of all of you. I love my BYC family Thank you all.

One big happy family here. Sorry again for your loss...

Enjoy your trip! Sorry about the little guy. You tried your hardest and at least now he won't suffer. So sorry.

Back
Top Bottom