She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Happy Birthday WV!

I don't think I could top anything that's been posted above, so you'll just have to settle for a [​IMG] from your partner in crime.

2. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Get out from under that rock [​IMG]
    I miss having you around. Can't wait to see how the remanned LG performs
    [​IMG]

3. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    I couldn't help myself...today was the last day I could add chicken eggs to my turkey set. So I drove out about 15 miles and picked up 11 pale EE eggs and one Polish. We'll see what comes of it...

And just sold 2 half grown EE cockerels for $5 each, well worth it.

4. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    anytime you can make money change hands for a rooster, it's a good day

5. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Awww. Hope they feel better soon!

6. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Quick question...one of my 8 week old's crop feels empty. Should I be concerned? Is that normal? He ate worms for me today.

7. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Mealworms? I avoid feeding earthworms due to gut parasites but realize that free rangers get them anyhow.

Yes, I'd be concerned. The two cockerels I just sold had been moved to the big bird coop, where they hid in the corners and didn't get to eat because there were 175 dominant hens, 2 roos, and a tom turkey above them in the pecking order. But they were mounting the four week old broilers, so they got shipped off to someone else's freezer camp.

8. I'll answer Amy first the adds I saw made no sense at all . Why they were there is beyond me . Let me just say that I have never will never look up something like that. I'm not an arm chair quarterback If I'm not in the game I'm not interested . It could be age targeting I know they do that. I never saw what the deleted post said but can't believe they were that bad . been thinking about getting a feather .but then what I have to fuss about. you know being a construction worker it's hard to post when you can't use 90% of your vocabulary .[​IMG]
    So anyone who happens to be on a thread and clicks on that site can make keep coming up. what you call a dating site. A Tn. court would call something else you know what they say If it looks like a Duck [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    If anyone is contemplating hatching peachicks, please be aware that they imprint on their main caregiver and cry very loudly and consistently if that person is not in the same room as them! FYI, the AC on high and the bedroom door closed does not drown out the sound!

Yes, meal worms that I buy at the pet store. I checked it again I as had to climb under the enclosed portion under the coop (which felt like my back was breaking) to pick them up and put them away into the coop for the night. It felt better. Maybe the stress of the move outside and mixing the babies in with them has him eating a little less. I will definitely keep an eye on it. Thank you.

10. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Thank you so much, partner in crime! The pics are pretty, but I know who's got my back [​IMG] :hugs

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by