She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Okie dokie, have 2 pips so far. Day 20.
    Back on the phone now so can post some picks of my first hatchlings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    well look at me, managed to post more than one pick. Check out poor little bubbles, she is holding her own.

2. BlackwoodHollow

BlackwoodHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2014
    Northeastish Ga
    [​IMG]

Well, guys, we got the eggs set tonight!Woo-hoo!!
    Hubs did a great job on the gutting and resurrection, and it's holding very steady(right between 99.5 and 100.5). We were extremely pleased with Incubatorwarehouse, as well as the incukit(so far).
    So here goes something. Guess we will see if my assumptions were right and I stick with team red or if we end up in the middle. Don't think I can pull off being team blue, I'm really itching to candle(and caress, and kiss and name) these eggs.
    Sorry to be so MIA, but things are busy around here right now, I haven't been able to keep up with you guys!
    Updates to follow!!squeeeeeeeeeeee!!![​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I would have culled the entire egg yesterday. I don't want anything after day 23. Honestly, based on your philosophy, I'm surprised you're even trying. Day 24 complicated hatch? I would cull

1 person likes this.
  4. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
  5. chicapee

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Eggs a plenty.
    [​IMG]

First pip. The 2nd one is barely detectable.
    [​IMG]
    This first one is a cuckoo marans and the 2nd is a black copper marans. I have my niece here watching this hatch. She is loving it as she was with me when I bought the eggs.

6. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    The Beatles are my favorite band.....I know who the Indigo Girls are!!!! Lol! Don't judge me!!! ;)
    You got a lot of good advice! I just work shell back and slowly stretch the membrane. Until the chick can push itself out or if it can't I roll the egg in my hand and the chick slowly falls out....I leave the chick attached and peek into the shell to see if there is still yolk that needs to be absorbed...if not the chick will rest up and kick free.
    Nice post!!!
    I too would like to see a picture.
    I love the viewing window on that!!! Amazing.
    You shut your face!!!!! :smack

1 person likes this.
  7. peecock

peecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2015
    Alabama
    This evening I went to check on my flock and im missing a hen

8. BlackwoodHollow

Apr 27, 2014
    Northeastish Ga
    Nice!! We love the blue and black laced red wyandottes! We ordered a bunch of chicks from slackwater, awaiting the hatch now! If it takes as long as it inevitably will, we may end up ordering eggs too. lol Very pretty birds!
    Can't wait to see pics of your chicks. Which breed?
    Thanks! It's simple, but I like it, too! I can't wait to see the little buggers hatch.

We are currently looking for a free fridge if you know anyone between here and Savannah. haha jk

@NTBugtraq , good luck with your little chickie. Sounds like a rough ride. I probably wouldn't have taken it. Brave person, you are. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  9. BlackwoodHollow

Apr 27, 2014
    Northeastish Ga
    Awww. :/ That's always stressful. Do they free range or have anywhere to hide?

10. chicapee

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Different colours of marans. I had to remove a bit of membrane because the first one was malpositioned. Pipped way below the air cell. It can now breath.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by