She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Look at the pics where she is holding her birds- and read her chat intro - I'm thinking she's 15-18

Most young girls want to be 18 and 39 for grandmas is not that odd my nana was a great grandma at 62.
I'm really just tired of the whole conversation in general. How did I wind up in an argument with a teenage girl? If I wanted that, I could go to the sunshine and puppy dogs thread. Oh, wait, they're all on vacation, that's why she's here
gig.gif

I'm done with that, this is a hatching forum, so my cuckoo marans broody surprised me with a chick yesterday afternoon
thumbsup.gif

For some reason the pic won't load, so I will get it when I can.
I was also heading to clean out the eggs from under my black copper marans broody when one started cheeping! I turned it over, and there was a good pip, so I decided to leave her be for a few days. Hopefully she will hatch a few, and there won't be any chickicide in the pen
fl.gif

I'm really just tired of the whole conversation in general. How did I wind up in an argument with a teenage girl? If I wanted that, I could go to the sunshine and puppy dogs thread. Oh, wait, they're all on vacation, that's why she's here
gig.gif

I'm done with that, this is a hatching forum, so my cuckoo marans broody surprised me with a chick yesterday afternoon
thumbsup.gif

I was also heading to clean out the eggs from under my black copper marans broody when one started cheeping! I turned it over, and there was a good pip, so I decided to leave her be for a few days. Hopefully she will hatch a few, and there won't be any chickicide in the pen
fl.gif

You give me hope my broody will be able to hatch some of these chicks! Do your Marans run together or do you have them separated by variety this time of year.

I had my girls at 20 and 24. When I got married at 19, they said it would never last. (Lol) 32 years later, we are still happily married! Love being a young gramma.
That's awesome. A good share of young marriages don't work.

My dad has 2 older than me from his first marriage then there are 4 of us with my mother and then my mom had 5 with my step dad.
smile.png
Can you say big family!!!!
Well I am glad to hear you say that!!! My hubby and I got married when I was 19.. (for other reasons following 7 months later!!!!
wink.png
) and we are working towards 10 years!!! I love talking to others who have a similar start and are kicking some A in the process. It puts a smile on my face. Congrats on 32 years.
smile.png
Holy family bat girl!

Yes 2 of the younger ones are a set of twin girls... she had 8 girls and 1 boy!!
That poor boy. lol

I promised you guys a video of the peachicks crying! I took this tonight when I stepped out of the room. The quality is horrible because it was on my phone but just listen to the non-stop crying! They cry like this every time I'm not in front of them, until I pick them up at night, wrap them in a blanket and pet their heads till they fall asleep!!
So cute. They were pacing back and forth too...lol

Meyer hatchery has Brinsea Minis on sale right now. Just thought I'd throw that out there, for any of you who are hating on your LGs.
wink.png
please don't take offense, Amy.
hide.gif
Why would I be offended?? Do you ever see me recommend the LG??? I use it cause that's what my sister gave me and I've perfected my method with it. Not to mention I'm a broke single mom and an incubator isn't a neccessity...lol

SJ: it's in the 90s here.
sickbyc.gif
the mugginess is killing me.

Ross: I know, I know. But I still don't want to give anyone my age. I guess we'll continue with our little guess of the average being 40 on here.

SC: I bet I can do math just as well as Ross. Oh wait, I'm Asian. So maybe that's why.
lol.png
You remind me of my first nice when she was between 12-17 so much it's not funny. We are close now and I love her, but let's just say it wasn't always the case.

gig.gif

thumbsup.gif

fl.gif
Amen. Me too!!!

What, just because you're Asian you are the only one that can do math? That's racist :gig

You said it not me!!! ;) and in all honesty I am okay at math. Not great not bad just okay.

You are making it sound like it's a random guess, but it's not. RubyNala has pointed out how I pay attention to things in the background, and that's just how my mind works. Having a hyperactive mind is an advantage sometimes. I have a 142 IQ and scored a 1450 on the SAT, and that's back when the score only went up to 1600, so don't think I'm dumb just because I'm a redneck ;)
Amy and I have talked about how we are the same age, and based on her username I'd say it's safe to assume her birthday is Feb. 3 ;)
Walnut, Friday, NT, and WV have all commented on being 50 or higher, and I'm not going any higher :gig , so use 50 for all of them
Rossfam has posted pics, and based on her vocabulary I would have put her at late 20s to early 30s before she even said
RubyNala I would also put at late 20s, early 30s based purely on the age of the children in her avatar
sjturner has said I am not much older than him, so he is late 30s-40
I had a funny discussion with bantam brood 2 months ago about how he/she was older than I thought, and now we have an actual age, so there's another 50 for the average
gachooks, based on her vocabulary and comedy tastes, is more than likely early to mid 30s
sideWing has posted pics and given the age of his kids, so again I'm saying mid 30s
You and BR post on a thread that runs rampant with kids, and you both still think the world is a happy place, so that automatically puts you younger than 16. Given the fact that you need to tell the authorities when someone says H E double hockey sticks, that drops you below 14

See? It's easy :thumbsup

I like your descriptions and observations.

Ok, silkie, I respect your right to withhold your age if you want.  No harm in that, for you or anyone!  But I'm pretty sure you posted it on another thread.  I'm not going looking for it, I'm just sayin....

I am okay if she does not want to tell me.

thank you for understanding, WV. No I never posted it anywhere.

SC: you lose. :smack

Give her the 100 bucks!!!

I'm really just tired of the whole conversation in general. How did I wind up in an argument with a teenage girl? If I wanted that, I could go to the sunshine and puppy dogs thread. Oh, wait, they're all on vacation, that's why she's here :gig

I'm done with that, this is a hatching forum, so my cuckoo marans broody surprised me with a chick yesterday afternoon:thumbsup

I was also heading to clean out the eggs from under my black copper marans broody when one started cheeping! I turned it over, and there was a good pip, so I decided to leave her be for a few days. Hopefully she will hatch a few, and there won't be any chickicide in the pen :fl

Congrats on the broody hatchling...!!!!
I don't know how you got involved either. I just asked a simple question to try a see if you were correct in your average age guess. I was just testing your theory. :)

You give me hope my broody will be able to hatch some of these chicks! Do your Marans run together or do you have them separated by variety this time of year.
All of my breeds are separated all the time. I have too many breeds and predators to free range, but I have very large pens. One of my cuckoo marans is an excellent broody, she has raised 3 clutches. I have 2 others that have attempted, but one jumped off the nest as soon as the eggs started pipping. That drove me nuts, she put in 3 weeks of hard work, then the chicks scared her away
he.gif
. The broody that started hatching yesterday is on her first clutch, and there were 4 more eggs under her, so hopefully there will be a few more today.
I bought 4 older BCM to put with Tate and his girls, and I can't keep them off the nests. I have been having to remove eggs, because Tate was so young that they weren't hatching, but I had been leaving some to see if they ever started developing. One crushed a couple of eggs a few weeks ago that had chicks in them, so that's when I decided to set a batch. From what I have seen so far, these BCM have a strong broody instinct, so much so that I will have to break them when I start serious incubation next year

I'm really just tired of the whole conversation in general. How did I wind up in an argument with a teenage girl? If I wanted that, I could go to the sunshine and puppy dogs thread. Oh, wait, they're all on vacation, that's why she's here :gig

I'm done with that, this is a hatching forum, so my cuckoo marans broody surprised me with a chick yesterday afternoon:thumbsup

I was also heading to clean out the eggs from under my black copper marans broody when one started cheeping! I turned it over, and there was a good pip, so I decided to leave her be for a few days. Hopefully she will hatch a few, and there won't be any chickicide in the pen :fl

:fl

Back
Top Bottom