She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. Yep, I bought feedstore Ameraucanas (EEs) for her, since she waited over 3 weeks for eggs and then sat on them for 24 days... Besides, ' twas one more errand to do to keep my 12 - year-old away from the house while her surprise party was being prepared ;-)

2. ChickenMumma15

ChickenMumma15 New Egg

Jul 24, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi all! I have been reading this thread for weeks, following along (sure is hard to keep up haha). I have just finished my first hatch and just wanted to say thankyou all so much for the information you share, it has helped me so much along the way. This forum is just amazing and I am glad to now be apart of it. :D

1 person likes this.
  3. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia

I'm not blaming the brinsea - considering what he is trying to do and what he started from, the real reason for his bad hatch survival rates had me laughing for about 3 hours.

1 person likes this.
  4. sjturner79

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia
    I've been following both his threads since his first hatch attempt. The real surprise is the number that have survived.

1 person likes this.
  5. sjturner79

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia

We have at least 3 kids on this website, and many of the people in the games and jokes section are in primary school.

Looks like they weren't packed properly either. I have had 4 lots of shipped eggs, and none have been anywhere near that bad.

To leave that feedback you need to do it almost straight away. eBay is buyer beware - you can buy from someone with 100% negative feedback, but it's not a smart idea

6. sjturner79

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia

Dam I meant this forum. There are a lot of kids across the whole BYC site( officially anyone under 18 is a kid)

7. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

I love taking a day to myself. Wish I could do it more often haha. Glad you had a great day, and nice that you spent a big part of it here!

8. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    Yall ready for the largest multi quotes from me!!!!

It will just get censored trust me I have done it by accident. :D
    Ehhhhh. Kids are fun but very naive at certain metaphors or euphemisms.

Welcome to the purple club my dear!!!

I agree!

I always put dates on my eggs.
    My eggs are always clean esp for hatching. I will keep and eat the dirty eggs.

Same!!!

I will never buy eggs from eBay

I think this is what happened to my CCL eggs. The box was marked fragile and that's it. Then I only had 6 that started to grow then 5 of those quit now I have just one growing well. Lockdown in 4 days.
    Agree.

That's just terrible. My isbar eggs arrived like this. I only had one surviving chick.

Looks yummy!!! My favorite besides chicken salad sandwich.

9. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    That is horrible. Air cells aside, there are only 2 eggs in that pic I would even consider putting in my incubator. I know since they were bought, you will probably incubate them all, but I would be ashamed to send someone those eggs

Where have you been? [​IMG]
    I've seen you somewhere else. Maybe the BCM thread? When you see me refer to the eat'emup thread, that's the one I'm talking about. Very good thread with very good breeders, but feedback is straight, and to the point. You gotta have a thick skin. You kinda gotta have a thick skin here, too, but for different reasons. Not mentioning any names...
    One of the most serious,to the point breeders on that thread is snowbird, but I think he has a dark side. I see him lurking here all the time [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Let me translate: scflock is insane, posts way too much, and takes his aggression out on the kids. Well, the kid...
    And the redneck Asian
    And Queenie
    And WV
    And Ruby
    And Walnut , when I'm feeling a little masochistic

Brinsea! I'm your man [​IMG]
    I joke about being completely blue and [​IMG] people for acting red, but it's all in fun. The whole point of this thread is that there are a bunch of different ways to be successful. I'm not even totally blue all the time, but am probably the most blue on the thread. My work schedule has a lot to do with that, but so does the Brinsea. It's easy to be blue when your incubator is stable[​IMG]

10. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    :frow
    Let me translate: scflock is insane, posts way too much, and takes his aggression out on the kids. Well, the kid...
    And the redneck Asian
    And Queenie
    And WV
    And Ruby
    And Walnut , when I'm feeling a little masochistic[/quote]
    Very true, BYC.

I can vouch for the first. :oops:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by