She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

@RubyNala97

I hadn't forgotten about updating I jus got sick, and was busy w my besties graduation
1f393.png

Traced air cells on Sunday though, I think two of the 11 remaining from the orig 24 are gone but I didn't wanna pull em jus n case, so I marked an an put an back until today! Tonight at 5 PM is the start of day 24 and I lock down those bad boys! Hatch day 28 is targeted for Saturday!!!

Also; my first silkie eggs are in route from my good friend Oz! Should arrive tomorrow and then lots more hatch updates...

Should I write one of our old hatching dialogs on my hatches this year? I know no one's kept up with em, but I'm half way bed ridden today...

Last edited:
@RubyNala97

I hadn't forgotten about updating I jus got sick, and was busy w my besties graduation
1f393.png

Traced air cells on Sunday though, I think two of the 11 remaining from the orig 24 are gone but I didn't wanna pull em jus n case, so I marked an an put an back until today! Tonight at 5 PM is the start of day 24 and I lock down those bad boys! Hatch day 28 is targeted for Saturday!!!

Also; my first silkie eggs are in route from my good friend Oz! Should arrive tomorrow and then lots more hatch updates...

Should I write one of our old hatching dialogs on my hatches this year? I know no one's kept up with em, but I'm half way bed ridden today...
hugs.gif
Feel better, Turk!

@RubyNala97

1f393.png

You take care of you Baby girl .
hugs.gif
The thing about birds and animals is they are 24/7/ 364 with no days off . Do what you must rest all you can.
frow.gif

So I've just started back incubating eggs again after 10-15yrs, I bought a lg9300 still air and my first batch did good until about day 12 then just stopped, I'm on brood 2 now and I've already had about 5 eggs stop developing and about 8 that are doing good, I've got 3 that are on day 15 so getting close now.....
. But I can't figure out why they keep dying around week 2...

What are your incubating conditions? What is the temperature at the top of the eggs and what is your humidity?

@RubyNala97

1f393.png

Turk! :hugs
Which eggs are these...the calls?? They are day 26 hatchers if so. Also, my one egg that hatched is an egg that I thought quit! I mean I was 99% sure and actually stopped turning it but left it in because I was having temp drops whenever I would remove an egg. So if these are the calls, don't pull them. Some can look really weird and not normal but are still going. I'm so excited for hatch time!! Please pm me if you need anything and no one is around. Keep us posted!! Did you mist them at all? :fl so happy for you!!

So I've just started back incubating eggs again after 10-15yrs, I bought a lg9300 still air and my first batch did good until about day 12 then just stopped, I'm on brood 2 now and I've already had about 5 eggs stop developing and about 8 that are doing good, I've got 3 that are on day 15 so getting close now.....
. But I can't figure out why they keep dying around week 2...
The 9300 is notorious for the gages being off, so if you don't have your own seperate thermometers and hygrometer that is accurate and checked, that's where you need to start. Many of these things average about 3 degrees off and have to be set higher than the display in order to get the right temp inside. 101-102 F with the temps taken near the top of the eggs. Turn at least three times a day if you are not using the automatic turner. The humidity gage on these models are usually useless. They stay between 40-50 with water or without. Consider using a low humidity incubation if you are not in a high altitude and let your air cells guide you. More here on that: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

Just realized I hadn't reported on here!

Yesterday, I woke up to this

From a nice, clean egg (pic taken about 9 hours later, so not surprising that the membranes are dry
wink.png
}

About yea big when moved to the brooder.

No, I wanted your other end...

Only hatcher out of the eggs Ravyn sent, thanks to the USPS... New chicks are coming to the feedstore on Friday.

The 9300 is notorious for the gages being off, so if you don't have your own seperate thermometers and hygrometer that is accurate and checked, that's where you need to start. Many of these things average about 3 degrees off and have to be set higher than the display in order to get the right temp inside. 101-102 F with the temps taken near the top of the eggs. Turn at least three times a day if you are not using the automatic turner. The humidity gage on these models are usually useless. They stay between 40-50 with water or without. Consider using a low humidity incubation if you are not in a high altitude and let your air cells guide you. More here on that: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity
no no other temp guage, but I had it higher on the last brood and they didn't far well at all, I had it set at 100.5 and they all cooked :(

Back
Top Bottom