Short Tailed Opossum Babies

2cool4you

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 5, 2010
So I tried a tentative breeding with my opossums and there were no injuries which can happen when they breed. I found out tonight the breeding was successful. She has 8 little ugly wiggly pink grubs on her.

It's not a good pic because she bit me when I was trying to get a pic. I don't want to bother her too much because I don't want to risk the babies falling off. If they fall off they will die.

ry%3D400

Around 25-30 days they will get to the slightly furry stage and drop off mom and live in a nest she makes for them. They stay in the ugly phase for a few weeks. lol

Am I the only one who had to turn their head to the side ?
I can't see them I juse see a foot
idunno.gif

dmaris, those bright pink tumor looking things are the babies. They look like shiny pink jelly beans.

As for pets they are pretty cool. Oscar is very friendly and loves hanging out in my hair or in my shirt pocket. Germs is ok in my pocket but she's nippy when she doesn't want to be held. She was never handled much by her breeder. I was assured she was tame but I'm almost sure the lady did a bait and switch on me. I held a baby that I said I wanted and she didn't bite. She was 5 months old at that point. But the woman took her in the back and put her in a carrier. When I got home I thought she looked slightly different and then she started biting me. But the breeder wouldn't take her back. I've been working with her so she doesn't bite viciously but she can give a good nip. It's all about handling. I will handle these babies once they drop off mom to get them all friendly.

Back
Top Bottom