Shot goose help...

The pellet was stuck and flattened on her cheek bone. You can still see the bone showing underneath. I was afraid to take it out at first because I thought it would start bleeding but then I started thinking it was a LEAD pellet so I didn't want her absorbing the lead!!! It took a little prying but didn't really bleed to much. I used flour on the towel when I pulled it out to clot the blood. The screw worm is so brutal down here that I worry even about small wounds.

No!!! She was literally in the middle of my two heavily wooded acres in her goose yard when the violent scum bag shot her. She was in her swimming pool with Mr. Milton the Gander!

I would put nitrofurazone on it. This is a yellow goopy medicine used for horse injuries but it saved my goose's life! My goose had half severed its neck off (if it wasnt bandaged or you were not holding it, the neck would literally fall limp to the side). This can probably be purchased at any Tractor supply, feed store or vet office. Good luck! (If that doesnt work, try organic raw honey)

AWWWW
poor girl!!!
sad.png

Quote:
Don't judges someone could of shoot at something and it back fire and hit her

A pellet wouldn't have enough power to richochet and still go that deep. Some jerk deliberately shot the goose.

Back
Top Bottom