Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

that's awesome W4W! I would check with those with more hatching experience to learn about what matters as far as size... it might be just fine!
fl.gif

I'm afraid I'll get the answer I don't want to hear.
roll.png
I could play stupid and just try it. Or, there are local BCM and Cream Legbar eggs I can get. Maybe even breeder quality Welsummers. Hmmmm... more chickens. Guess I could squeeze a few more in the coop. At least 4 of my big girls have quit laying, so new layers would be welcome. Don't worry OK, no BRs but maybe silver penciled rocks. They're beautiful.

Haha! Maybe I can give Matilda some of these to set!

Going to have to get some of those Hyena Sausages for cat treats! Yum. When the boys were little, I kept a list of their creative language. It's put away. Somewhere. The only one's I can remember are When are we going to Taco?! (Tahoe) and
smiley-dance017.gif
Nacho Nacho Man. I want to be, a Nacho man!
smiley-dance017.gif
Somebody eats too much Mexican food!!!
lol.png

The run on the bantam coop was finished week before last and we finished the refurbishing of the coop too. Still need to take pics of the finished product. Love the fiberglass roof. It will keep the run dry in the winter.

The trio was happy to get out of the small ground cage. The Seramas have joined them, but as I feared, they are tiny tyrants. Hoping they will settle in or the tiny troublemakers may have to find a new home. I just love these 3 girls and want them to have a good life. The Silkie was helping the other two bathe.
smile.png

Edited to show off our Easter Eggs!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Wow W4W! I love all those pics - the coop and run is terrific and the Easter Eggs are very creative... you know I love the one with the chicken face on it the best! but they are all beautiful! that must be Mustachio? very handsome and so good with his babies! nothing better than chicken therapy! good luck figuring out what eggs to set, looking forward to the outcome!

So you get to be the first bird to poop all over the store. Lucky you! I always thought it was funny to see the birds flying around int he rafters. Just please refrain from pooping on anyone's head! And for crying out loud! Don't poop on anymore babies!

All 10 of my big girls are laying. My last EE laid her first egg today and it's a beautiful shade of blue. So now I'll be waiting for the perfect day.

Ahhhh I don't know what I would do without my chicken therapy!

Wow W4W! I love all those pics - the coop and run is terrific and the Easter Eggs are very creative... you know I love the one with the chicken face on it the best! but they are all beautiful! that must be Mustachio? very handsome and so good with his babies! nothing better than chicken therapy! good luck figuring out what eggs to set, looking forward to the outcome!
Thank you!

My older boy is the one who does chicken therapy. Mustacheio is younger and not quite ready for facial hair. Keep trying to get the teeeenager to shave, but he enjoys all the attention he gets with his fuzzy face.
This is the younger one with his throwing knives. Dad's idea of a cool b-day gift.
ep.gif

We used a new method on the eggs this year. Use crayons to draw designs while the eggs are still hot from boiling. Clear wax melts away from the color and creates an outline that the dye can't penetrate. You could try it with Mylee next year.
bun.gif

This was the first year that we did not do Easter baskets
sad.png
, so it was fun to at least have the boys decorate some eggs.

These two in particular are special. Pet portraits. Apparently we can never eat them!

The artists and models.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom