Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

my bet is the leghorn too, congrats! and I like the bucket idea, but yeah... a piece of wood... will help, but they'll still kick it out. it's just one of those things...

I donated a can of peach halves to the flock. only gave out 3 halves so far... one for the chicks

one for Big Broody

and one for everyone else, plus the chicks didn't finish theirs before dashing off to find bugs... so everyone else finished it. it started with Henry. then I broke a nice piece off, he carried it over to the hens and shared, he's so sweet!

how cool is this?? pink pollinated legs! I can't believe I got such a good shot!

Eggwatch 2014 is over for today. Aside from it being quite late in the day, my neighbor has decided today is a fine day to cut down a tree with a chainsaw within 50 feet of my coop and run. Although they can't see the goings on, I am sure the sound is at least a little worrisome for them.

barnie.gif
th.gif
he.gif
hit.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
D.gif
hu.gif

I feed fermented :) :cd I sprinkle cayenne peppers and feed chopped fresh hot peppers of all sorts (jalapenos, habanero, various chilies) with raw chopped garlic, eggshells to the girls and they LOVE it. They don't have the heat sensors like we do. It's a healthy addition to a diet. Everything in moderation but its safe and beneficial.

It won't hurt them in the summer, it won't help warm them in the winter either. I've read many natural wormer remedies include pepper heat too :)
it is good for them in the summer, opens up the vessels, helping with heat exchange through feet and comb/wattles?

I would just like to say, I have an easter eager who started laying at 17 weeks and a RSL at 16 weeks...I fed them hot peppers.

Have you fed yours hot peppers? I also ferment my feed...why aren't you doing that yet? :p

The nest box is ready
No eggs today
We are sure to use straw
And sure it's not hay.
Penny was noisy
Penny was loud!
But the guy with the chainsaw
Made seven- a crowd!
She practiced her song
She has practiced her dance
It might be tomorrow
There is a good chance!
They're off to bed now
So I guess we will see
If tomorrow's the day
Oh please, let it be!

Ahhhh chicks. I miss chicks.

I am fairly certain I heard someone else doing the egg song tonight. The "bagok!" At the end sounded different. I went to investigate and the culprit stopped...which penny doesn't do anymore. She doesn't care if I am standing right there, she belts it out. So I think someone else is singing.

If penny doesn't lay tomorrow I think I will try what finally worked for OK. I will tell them I am getting a dozen roosters. I doubt I will feel nearly as bad as he did.

After all this fuss, tomorrow's egg will be pretty anticlimactic I think.

Back
Top Bottom