Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

9 today from the reds!

1 today from the ducks!

0 from the silkies :(

I have 4 khaki Campbell eggs in the bator! So hopefully in 28 days I will have the pitter patter of little duck feet hitting in the floor

Whoo hooo nuttyboo!!!

That's kinda like a poem!!

Ahhhh power outage and I've got eggs just started. I'm so worried. Thankfully it's a very warm night but too much longer and I might sit on them myself!!!

Whoo hooo nuttyboo!!!

That's kinda like a poem!!

Ahhhh power outage and I've got eggs just started. I'm so worried. Thankfully it's a very warm night but too much longer and I might sit on them myself!!!
That is why, as much as I want to, I don't even try to incubate any eggs. We are way out in the country on an electric co-op and we have a power outage (from several minutes to several hours) at least once a month and anytime it storms. Our co-op is really good at getting everything back on but I just don't want to take the chance.

25 weeks today and Shadow is the long holdout still. The other ameracaunas have been laying for 2-3 weeks. Shadow is all like "Newp." I am surprised she is holding out this long.

5 eggs today. Everyone but Shadow....

Lost another young pullet yesterday. Same thing again .... Way to big egg came out and the other chickens wore her out....

7 from the reds today
2 from the ducks
0 from the silkies

Sorry to hear about that, JW. Brutal way to go.
hmm.png

Lost another young pullet yesterday. Same thing again .... Way to big egg came out and the other chickens wore her out....

7 from the reds today
2 from the ducks
0 from the silkies

So sorry for the losses.

8 eggs from the LF chickens
0 from the ducks
0 from the bantams
0 from the turkeys
0 from the geese
0 from the quail
0 from the parrot
0 from the finch