Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

The meaties are definitely a big undertaking. I am filling the feeder twice a day and I have two quart mason jar waterers that I am having to fill two or three times a day. They are also little poop factories and I will have to re-clean tge brooder coop when I get them moved into the new hoop coop. We will manage though!
I am going to try to get individual pictures of Bertie's chicklets in a little bit. Not really feeling great so I am lazing around today.

The meaties are definitely a big undertaking. I am filling the feeder twice a day and I have two quart mason jar waterers that I am having to fill two or three times a day. They are also little poop factories and I will have to re-clean tge brooder coop when I get them moved into the new hoop coop. We will manage though!
I am going to try to get individual pictures of Bertie's chicklets in a little bit. Not really feeling great so I am lazing around today.

Hey, there! How far are you from Franklin or Hayesville? I'm just over the GA state line.

Hi 7 Biddies! nice to see you over here!

MC, you are one lucky chickie!!
sickbyc.gif

I thought I lost a chick this morning. one of the smallest Silkie chicks was MIA at breakfast. then I found one solitary soggy little feather on the ground just outside the pen and thought all was lost... but I listened very carefully and heard the distinct crumple sound the tarp makes, muffled peeping... and realized it must be trapped under the tarp that covers the kennel in case of heavy rain... the nest won't flood... the wind had shifted it just enough... so I rescued the baby and put old rotors on the lip of the tarp to hold it in place. phew!
we had overcast skies and heavy breeze, so I opted out of free range, for their safety and my sanity. I worry so much about foxes in cloudy weather. then I hard boiled about 3 dozen eggs. they're starting to pile up! I have 2 dozen to bring out tomorrow... and fingers crossed a few more orders to pick up for Thursday... one of my very best customers, who is good for 4 dozen a week, is out of town for a month... I'll be eating a lot of eggs til she gets back!

I didn't take many pics today. should have taken one of a decent sized spider, but for some reason... I just didn't. oh well... Scrambles will be grateful
wink.png
tongue.png
big_smile.png
gig.gif
hugs.gif
bun.gif

@lindz8504 Have you had meaties before? We had them last year. Overall not a bad experience. We loved the free range chicken. We just don't have enough space here. My best friend got some that we are splitting. The deal is she takes care of them and feeds them, my DH processes them. It's a sweet deal for me!

Back
Top Bottom