Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

It's sad, but she was wearing that shirt when she left Sunday night. Poor kid is sent here in pajamas and/or clothes that are five sizes too big. The pants I had to put on her (the clothes her parents send her in) were size ten. :he
However, she is feathering out quite nicely.
IMG_0785.JPG

Wrangler isn't even a size 10 yet and she's years older and very tall for her age...poor Duckling...thank goodness she has you!

the ducks are huge and still living in my spare bathroom. it's getting ridiculous, but it downpours rain, hail, snow every single afternoon and now it's been storming nonstop since yesterday - not predicted to stop til Saturday morning.
all I have left to do is the roof cap, the second tier of hardware cloth wall and fix the ramp/door situation. I have to drop the ramp...installed it and now I can't close the door :he and the whole thing needs weather coating. they'll need a pool, and will use the cheesy one I have until I get a better setup.
18447362_1672075069488533_2378425880235568324_n.jpg
4 more days of school!!! 2nd Grade Here She Comes!!!:clap

Wrangler isn't even a size 10 yet and she's years older and very tall for her age...poor Duckling...thank goodness she has you!

the ducks are huge and still living in my spare bathroom. it's getting ridiculous, but it downpours rain, hail, snow every single afternoon and now it's been storming nonstop since yesterday - not predicted to stop til Saturday morning.
all I have left to do is the roof cap, the second tier of hardware cloth wall and fix the ramp/door situation. I have to drop the ramp...installed it and now I can't close the door :he and the whole thing needs weather coating. they'll need a pool, and will use the cheesy one I have until I get a better setup.
View attachment 551558 4 more days of school!!! 2nd Grade Here She Comes!!!:clap
What a happy girl! Beautiful! I finally got the chicks out of the house... can understand why you are anxious to get the ducks out! They must be big! When do the males get their curly tail feather? Saw on the news the big weather system over your area. After it's done with you it's going to wreak havoc on Kansas and Oklahoma... tornadoes expected. :oops: We are in for a little heatwave. Supposed to be in the 90s theis weekend. :( Better than a tornado, but not by much! Hope you are well and happy!

Yeah, another 5 weeks or so. Their voices are changing now. Quackington honks. Ping still whistles but is slightly raspy. Sweet Pea whistles really loud and makes whooping sounds. They stink. I'm desperate to finish building.
Just in now after 12+ hours.
This is what I had to do because of the weather, it was so wet and muddy.
0519171836.jpg

Spacious
0519171838.jpg
0519171837a.jpg
the bottom half of the walls are enclosed all the way around and tonight we ran hardware cloth across the top half of one wall and laced it together.
0519171837.jpg

I got duck-poop-brown tiles for $3.50/box of 15 from a H4H ReStore.
Can't beat the price and I can hose it right out.

thanks, I'm not messing around. doing it once. doing it right. this has been a big ole PITA but it is gorgeous.
I bring the ducks out in the morning (weather permitting) and put them in the pool, give them some nice veggies for breakfast. weather not permitting, they get a shower, with veggies...but if it's nice, they spend the whole day outside. they never wander away from the square formed by the sliding glass door, their pool, the neighbors fence and my car. mostly, they nap in front of the sliding door. sometimes they tap on the glass. I will get a photo ~ Chester lies on the floor by the sliding door, if it weren't for the glass, they'd all be touching.
I was on my own building today, but I got the 2nd tier of hardware cloth finished... the weather is supposed to stay dry so I'm hoping we can finish tiling the floor in the morning. then it's weatherproofing and their pool.
if I had stuck with the prefab one I found (that I couldn't buy til 5/12), they would be in it by now. this is so much better I should shut up.:D

Back
Top Bottom