Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by okallthis4eggs, May 25, 2012.

1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Wasn't me, but I think I have the site in my Chicken Stuff folder. This was for the electrolyte recipe?

http://www.fresh-eggs-daily.com/2012/07/hot-weather-acidosis-and-homemade.html

2. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Cool looking. Are you resurfacing existing counter tops? What's the process? At first I thought you were doing concrete counters. My hubbs has thought about trying that, but always seemed that babies or work kept us too busy. Last week, the neighbor borrowed our cement mixer (which actually belongs to another neighbor) to do poured concrete counters at his place. We haven't seen them yet, but then hubbs will probably get the home improvement fever! [​IMG] Oh wait, he has to go to China next weekend for work, so that will give him time to get over it. Haha!

Tell Mylee I think she is exactly right (and not a silly goose at all[​IMG]) because Tommy does look like a pineapple! [​IMG]

3. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741872.100000581681862&type=1&l=7caa496117

if it works... the above is a link to my fb album that has the before pics... it's not terribly pic heavy, think there are 11... I am so loving all the work to make the house look beautiful! and you're right... I know what I like, and I have all the names and colors and product #'s ... but in my new house, I want a cork floor for the kitchen!

4. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    Linda, it's a box kit by Rustoleum, to resurface existing counters. it's supposed to be like a granite finish when finished, for a fraction of the cost of real granite. done correctly, it's gorgeous... and while it took a great deal of prep work to get these ready to do... it was an easy process for step 1... doesn't seem too complicated to do step 2 either...

5. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    I will tell her, she will be delighted that other people see it her way too! and I love the girly smiley... she fell asleep in the living room, and she's dreaming - she just said "fox" in her sleep. she's obsessed with foxes. tonight, she had a "great idea!" "we'll trick the fox by hiding in the tall grass and when he comes to eat the cluck clucks we'll jump out and say ROAR! then we'll get him to run away and never come back! isn't that a great idea Omi? we can do that, is that a deal?"

6. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    We don't have Facebook, but I showed him your pics on here tonight. Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Our kitchen currently has 3 different colors of counters! We are so used to it, we don't even notice anymore. The original was avocado green with a black peninsula. We put in a new sink, so had to change out most of the green, but there is still a small piece in between the stove and 'frige. Figure when the old stove dies (or I kill it), we'll redo things then.

Mylee's fox [​IMG] plan is a great idea. She's a smart cookie! [​IMG]

7. lindz8504

lindz8504 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Blue Ridge Mtns in NC
    SullyD,
    It was me and the website is http://www.fresh-eggs-daily.com/
    I also like http://www.tillysnest.com/

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  8. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    lindz, thanks, I like the fresh-egg-daily site too, gotta check out tillysnest... as soon as I make another cup of coffee... it's a beautiful morning, looking good for some free range later on!

9. SullyD

SullyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2013
    Southwest, FL
    Lindz-Thank you!!!!!!

10. okallthis4eggs

okallthis4eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Kentucky
    Feeding Frenzy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is how I do it. Take a mower with a bagger. Mow till the bag if full. Remove the bag and pour in a cup of scratch. Shake bag or hand mix. Pour the contents of the bag inside the chicken run and watch them go crazy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by