Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Si's fine, and because he only lives with Archie, I don't have to worry much. they get along really well. I just have to keep it clean enough to keep it from becoming infected. but it was really bloody, soaked up about 4 paper towels with what looked like arterial blood. took over a half hour to slow down and another half hour to stop. he was good about laying in my arms for the first 40 minutes... I wouldn't let him go til I was sure it was near stopping... and then his running around and digging only delayed that a bit...
6 Eggs today and some kitchen pics... it wouldn't be my kitchen if there weren't dishes piled in the sink... and all the stuff that goes on the counters is piled on the table, so I left that mess out.

Looks great. Looks like the handyman does nice neat work. I like it.

Cheeka-The counters look amazing! The kitchen looks amazing! OK is right, your handyman does a very neat job. Good thing you didn't get any chicken blood on any of the new work! With an injury like that, once the bleeding stops, is there anything else that needs to be done? I assume you can't bandage that kind of thing. Would a styptic powder work on something like that as well? Sorry, trying to absorb what should be done in different emergencies!

OK-I love reading your posts. They make me laugh out loud! Unfortunately, I already had 5 BR's before I found your thread so I never saw the warnings, but I do have to say their personalities crack me up! I especially like Roger's most recent post. Spoken like a true BR!

thanks! I like it too... and handyman is awesome - very professional work all the time and he's so nice. he'll let the dogs out if they have to go... and he answers a million questions for the child. this was the first time he ever did a counter top resurfacing, but he truly is a jack of all trades. he's tackled masonry, carpentry, tile work, landscaping, and carpet installation, not to mention all the ripping out of all the old stuff to do all that work... I will make a nice portfolio of all of his work here, before and after... to take with him when he's done, which will be soon... the only room not touched is the master bedroom, which will at least get a fresh coat of paint.

styptic powder might have helped, but i don't have any... I thought about calling my friend who does dog grooming for her bloody nail stuff... but pressure worked, and no... I wouldn't bandage it, it's a clean break, the entire spur is gone, and it's just a small pit. it was seeping most of the late afternoon, so I want to keep it draining. I used Blue Kote tho'.

styptic powder might have helped, but i don't have any... I thought about calling my friend who does dog grooming for her bloody nail stuff... but pressure worked, and no... I wouldn't bandage it, it's a clean break, the entire spur is gone, and it's just a small pit. it was seeping most of the late afternoon, so I want to keep it draining. I used Blue Kote tho'.
Cheeka, for future reference you can also use corn starch to stop bleeding.... it does the same thing as the styptic, and is something that alot of people have on hand! Also, to promote healing you can make a mixture of Honey and baking soda and apply it to the wound. It really keeps it clean and helps it heal much faster. We used it on horses alot that got cut on fences or ect. when I lived at home. We had one that the vet wanted to put down because she had a stick stab her in the chest and the wound was really deep and he didn't think she would make it. My dad wouldn't let them, and flushed it everyday with warm water and kept honey and baking soda on it, and it healed completely with barely a scar!

He will be OK unless he makes himself a pair of those hightop "poop shoes" that Roger likes to wear

I will remember cornstarch in the future, I have ichthamol ointment which is awesome for deep cuts and punctures, also great for horse injuries with fences...I've used it on myself many times....draws infection right out. I got a glob of that on already. as for high top poop shoes... I'd worry more about the little guys... on them it would become poop trousers... can't let it pile up
sickbyc.gif

another beautiful day...! Mylee had company today, a little girl a bit younger. they had a blast running around with their Stick Horses and feeding the Cluck Cluck's millet seeds. I have to wait for Kensey's Grammy to post pics... I had my hands full - no room for my camera...Mylee really showed off her Wranglin' skills for the grown ups, and impressed everyone with her knowledge.

later, when I went to gather up the flock, it was obvious that Wilma was missing... no fretting, she was found... but from now on, when I am missing someone, the first place I have to look is the little hollow in the bale of straw in the back garage. I found her all snug and tucked in...

Ruby has fleas. I'm so bummed. I have to strip beds, vacuum furniture and floors, she's been scrubbed and dosed... I hope the cats are clear, Chester got a bath too, but I did't find a trace of a flea or flea dirt...

still no clue if it's pullet or cockerel... but it's nearing 6 weeks of age, and Peach is acting like she'd like to lay an egg... speaking of eggs, we broke one... so Mylee brought it out and gave it to the girls, but she sprinkled millet seeds on top first... the first hen to stick her beak in, came up with millet seeds stuck all over her entire beak... it was pretty funny... I'll have to set that up for a repeat so I can get pictures. and if I want to get Mylee on her bike riding shotgun with a bird or two... that will also have to be staged, they won't go near her bike... they have to go home in a week... I'm already gettin' sad... this was a nice long visit and I got spoiled.

Back
Top Bottom