Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by okallthis4eggs, May 25, 2012.

1. lindz8504

lindz8504 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Blue Ridge Mtns in NC
    Hopefully she has just hurt herself! My BO was huge and could have easily gotten hurt if she landed wrong! Hope thats the case with yours!

2. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    as contagious as Marek's is, I don't suspect it , it's been a sufficient period of time that others would display symptoms.

3. lindz8504

Jul 24, 2013
    Blue Ridge Mtns in NC
    Good! I haven't really researched it very much.... I just had heard that it could cause problems with limb use ect.

4. Sallysec

Sallysec Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2012
    New York
    I feel bad that I have been gone for so long ! I have a ton of messages to catch up, sorry to see that there are sick chickens out here [​IMG].

I wanted to post some baby pictures because its already been a few days since these pictures were taken. I swear they have doubled in size since this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    Sally, they are so varied! you'll get a nice assortment of colors when they feather out... beautiful!

5 Eggs for today, and I'm almost jealous of Mylee's chicken catching talent. there are only a few she can't catch Peachy's older girls won't let her near them, but that's probably because she never put them down when they were small... speaking of those 3, they were investigating the nesting area today, they were promptly chased out by the older girls who were sitting, but I know they are close, especially the EE, hopefully within the week...I will celebrate a new layer, it may be a bit longer for the Marans, but they were checking it out too...

6. okallthis4eggs

okallthis4eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Kentucky
    Nice looking chicks Sally. But where are the BR's [​IMG]

Cheeka is this your first laying Marans?

7. okallthis4eggs

okallthis4eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Kentucky
    SIX [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]SIX.........Today We Laid A Half Dozen Eggs.........SIX

8. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    OK, yes it is... they are Marans cross, but crossed with other Marans... so the eggs won't be as dark as they could be, but they should still be a nice dark brown.

9. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    [​IMG]
    I want to do this! except I'd make ghost chickens... big ones

10. lindz8504

Jul 24, 2013
    Blue Ridge Mtns in NC
    It is a dreary rainy day. I let everyone out this morning and no one wants to go back in our of the rain. They would rather hide under the coop or the building or the truck and stick their heads out every little bit to see if it is still raining. Crazy chickens! Hubby is working on his building from the inside under a tarp so he is keeping an eye on them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by