Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I feel bad that I have been gone for so long ! I have a ton of messages to catch up, sorry to see that there are sick chickens out here
sad.png

I wanted to post some baby pictures because its already been a few days since these pictures were taken. I swear they have doubled in size since this.

Sally, they are so varied! you'll get a nice assortment of colors when they feather out... beautiful!

5 Eggs for today, and I'm almost jealous of Mylee's chicken catching talent. there are only a few she can't catch Peachy's older girls won't let her near them, but that's probably because she never put them down when they were small... speaking of those 3, they were investigating the nesting area today, they were promptly chased out by the older girls who were sitting, but I know they are close, especially the EE, hopefully within the week...I will celebrate a new layer, it may be a bit longer for the Marans, but they were checking it out too...

OK, yes it is... they are Marans cross, but crossed with other Marans... so the eggs won't be as dark as they could be, but they should still be a nice dark brown.

It is a dreary rainy day. I let everyone out this morning and no one wants to go back in our of the rain. They would rather hide under the coop or the building or the truck and stick their heads out every little bit to see if it is still raining. Crazy chickens! Hubby is working on his building from the inside under a tarp so he is keeping an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom