Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

counters can be touched this morning, but I shouldn't put anything too heavy on them for another day... it looks great, but I can see a few spots where he sanded too close, and the orange is peeking through....

OK, I was remembering from about a month ago, Olive had a bad limp, that got worse when she would come down from the roost, then one day I saw another chicken (Morgana) jump on her hard, drag her down by her neck feathers and stomp on her... I tried to put her back with Peach after that, but she wouldn't stay there... anyway... her limp got so bad, she stopped walking for a week or so... she would stay on the ground inside the coop during free range, tucked into a safe corner usually... her foot was clear, her leg felt good... and she was eating, drinking, trying to bathe... but that left leg... had me so worried, then it cleared up. I knew she took that bullying, which made it much worse, but I'm not sure how it happened in the first place... and it's never happened since... Maybe little BO took a beating during one of her and Roger's escapades? an old injury that keeps getting aggravated? it'll be interesting to hear from you about what the bottom of her foot looks like...

Sounds like what I have here cheeka. I checked her very well this morning especially her feet and I cannot find a thing wrong with her. Her feet look fine. No bumps cuts or anything.I again checked out her legs and I find nothing. She is like picking up a little football her legs tucked under her and no resistance at all regardless of what I do. Another large glob of normal looking poop beside her in the nest box this morning. She ate like crazy when I gave her a special meal of lettuce,grapes cut into pieces, and topped with meal worms (basically a gourmet PIE ). Even those little content noises they make come from her. She just can't stand up or walk. I have pictures to post this evening of the chicks, My RIR rooster, The Delaware roo. and Little Roger

Delaware Rooster born first week of May this year

He is supposed to be a Heritage Delaware but I really don't know. Negative comments are welcome regarding imperfections

My RIR rooster. He is a great looking bird. Camera shy. He too is supposed to be a Heritage RIR as well as Little Roger also pictured here. Again feel free to criticize

Little Roger

Roo

Roo

yeah, lil BO might have tendinitis. I think that's what Olive had ... and too much use will only irritate it, so keeping her quiet is best... I made a Pie that was so nice looking that Mylee wanted some, even after I poured Millet seeds all over the top... big fruit salad... but Autumn is here, the daylight is ending so much earlier... it's dark now. 7:45. and it's been overcast for over a week... I only got 6 Eggs.

gorgeous OK! love the Delaware boy, he's very handsome! the RIR too, but I think he should be darker... but he's got a nice shape! I've got Ruby on one side of my lap and Hershey the cat laying across my lap and on one arm, the keyboard is propped on my knees... I can't do much maneuvering to get to the mouse to bitty up little roger's name! grrr... if I throw him down, he'll just hop back on and drool on me for good measure...
little roger is a beauty as well! and the chicks... i love them... they are just adorable.

clap.gif
now they'll start popping like crazy

I forgot to take pictures of the kitchen today... but all the plastic sheeting and tape is down... it looks really good. tomorrow night it can withstand light use and washing, but no heavy appliances like the Kitchen Aid mixer for another week til it cures fully. it's amazing how hard it is to cook a meal when you can't even put a spice bottle down on the counter. I'm worn out... g'nite everyone!

Back
Top Bottom