Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

this is Wide Load BR... needs to have another bird next to her for comparison... er... maybe not... she looks pretty fat in this pic... actually, all these new birds are big, and fat. and clearly hand fed. every one of them ate from my hand this morning. including big Mr. over here... (big Mr. supposedly chases everyone... he was a perfect gentleroo for me. no challenge. he ate from my hand all dainty... the move must have stressed the cockiness out of him...for now) is this a BO? so demanding... she doesn't even know me. I swear I heard "Pie" Iz sorry, Iz told her... That sure looks like a BO. this little honey is something! this is the one we guessed was White Rock. so friendly... our new neighbors are FAT! YOU HEAR ME FATTIES???
Looks like a BO to me.

lau.gif
Love the fat chickens!

Cheeka, that light one definitely looks like a BO! Hopefully everyone settles in quickly and smoothly!

I had a low egg day with only 3 from the G.comets....

We have had a CRAZY day! First off, it was my middle daughter's 3rd birthday, so I made her cake earlier, and got the house somewhat cleaned for her party. Unfortunately only my mother-in-law, and sister-in-law were the only ones who came.
somad.gif
My mom's boyfriend came earlier in the evening, but left before the "party".

About 30 minutes before hubby got home, my oldest daughter goes "Mama! There is a chicken in the house!!!!!!" I just about DIED!!!!! Somehow, while letting the Dane out/in the door didn't get shut good and Jezabelle decided that she wanted to visit! She walked in the back door, through the kitchen and under the dining room table! She then flew up into the window sill, and I picked her up and put her back outside......
idunno.gif
At least it was one that was easy to catch, rather than one that freaks out if you reach for her!

the new birds really are beautifous... and doing great, although I would really like to split the roosters off to their own section, which I can... at least the mature big Mr. he's breeding... it'll be too stressful if I leave him with them. but I don't want him fighting with his son, who doesn't seem very randy... I won't let them out of their pen just yet, they would need private range time, not so worried about illness, but not knowing how to get "home" is a pain in the neck for me... they have 2/3's of the bachelor pen, nice and roomy.

Happy 3rd birthday!!!!

I hope one of my chickie likes the house. It'd be cute I think. Maybe not before a party...but...

Happy 3rd birthday!!!!

I hope one of my chickie likes the house. It'd be cute I think. Maybe not before a party...but...
2 of mine already think they are supposed to be "house chickens". I leave the door open pretty regularly, when it's nice out, while I feed the chickens and do other "chores" and such outside. They think they can just mosey on in and check out the digs inside (their food is also in there temporarily)...at least til I shoo them back out lol

CLindz... it's a personal preference I guess, regarding keeping a house chicken... it's an overwhelming mess to brood chicks inside... I'll never do that again, but even keeping Peach inside for a few months after she was injured last winter was really messy. diapers look yucky... they must fill up quick.
IMVHO, chickens truly belong outside.

I've even gotten to the point where I want the cats out. I hate having a box of poo in the house.

Back
Top Bottom