Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

welcome-byc.gif

Now allow me to laugh.
lau.gif

You will be getting a rooster before you know it. You will succumb to the cuteness of chicks, and want to see yours being born. Or, a hen will go broody, and you will not be able to break her. You will not want to have to spend another week looking for someone with fertile eggs for a broody, so you will get a rooster (not a big deal) and wish you had done it sooner.

I'm pretty sure you may be right
smile.png

I actually love roosters, and who knows, maybe someway down the line it may happen, got to get a bit of experience under my belt first though!

MC - thanks for the pics!

Vintage - I wouldn't mind having a rooster...but they're not allowed here so I'll be sticking with hens.

I'm hoping that since most of my chicks are ameraucanas (they are the real deal, from a fancy breeder and all) I might actually be able to find homes for them. If not, it's freezer camp. But that is going to hurt my heart a little.

Really a bath mom? I worked really hard to get smelly!!!!

Gotta dry so I can get all fluffy again!

MC- who are the cute kids? And is that's sturgis as a puppy?

I need to take pics of my weird eggs, although I put some in the cartons I sold today... I still have Blu's egg... and while they aren't "puppies"... Chester killed Ruby's Lamby and her hedgehog. when he does stuff like this, I call him Cheddar Cheese. makes him smile.

he says he's very sorry

he's forgiven!

MC - thanks for the pics!

Vintage - I wouldn't mind having a rooster...but they're not allowed here so I'll be sticking with hens.

I'm hoping that since most of my chicks are ameraucanas (they are the real deal, from a fancy breeder and all) I might actually be able to find homes for them. If not, it's freezer camp. But that is going to hurt my heart a little.

Hi Mortie, we can have roosters here but when I checked into the chicken laws for this area they asked me if I was planning on getting a rooster, apparently they have had complaints about rooster noise around here! I put their minds at ease by telling them no. I am hoping to get a couple of Ameraucanas in May too, love the pretty eggs
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom