Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Val I just cut regular cartons in half

Way not cool enough, those little cartons are so cute :D
Just kidding.
Still no eggs, I think I will eat all of these older chickens and just wait until spring when the babies should be more than old enough to lay. Why support the lazy butts through the winter.

One of the new girls and 2 of Bitty's babies got snatched yesterday. Just some feathers from the big one left behind. We are getting 6-10 eggs a day, and some of the younger girls should start laying in the next few months.
That's too bad.
sad.png
Sounds like you have a very healthy environment around there though (for predators
hmm.png
).

Holy moly! Are they going in the freezer?

Breaking news from the chicken sitter! Val I guess my girls heard you just got your first blue egg...

Ca people stat safe!

Lindz sorry about your baby
sad.png

Mc - nice!!
yippiechickie.gif
Blue eggs waiting for you when you get home!
woot.gif

the bullseye on the egg...
If you don't have a crowing cockerel or rooster, I doubt very much that you could have fertile eggs. All eggs have a round white spot on the yolk. The spot is the blastoderm that will grow into a chick after it gets fertilized. If it's fertile, the white spot gets a bit larger and gets a round white ring around it.

She is brining in the inside fridge. He is chilling in the egg fridge (he takes up the whole thing!) and will be brined in December for Christmas. My mother swears she has a pan big enough to cook him whole. We will see.
Freezer tomorrow. It has been 48 hours now. 72 should be good.

Back
Top Bottom