Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Long time no see everyone!

Sorry for being MIA
I've just spent the last couple of hours catching up, it's 2am now and I'll comment in the morning
caf.gif

Hi Min!
frow.gif
You'll have to catch us up on on what's new.

Hi Min! how's everything??

the neighbor and I are going to build the duck/chicken house/pen/run...starting next week, we're also going to redo a length of fencing between our 2 properties because it's going to fall over if the winds keep up. even if the winds don't keep up... it's pretty sad looking.
anyway, I picked up a nice miter saw and a nail gun today. will be ordering lumber for both projects tomorrow or Friday.

the duckies are so stinkin' cute. getting big, 2 of them are already as big as 3-4 month old chickens, and they're only just about 2 weeks old. Sweet Pea is proportionately smaller as always... I do think Sweet Pea is about 4 days younger than the other 2.

they sure are smart little poopers! we have a good routine and they follow it to a T. they never leave the shower stall, although they can, and if they were chicks, surely would have and would have pooped all over the entire bathroom.
AND they share food.
ep.gif
Nicely.
idunno.gif
I know when they reach early maturity, I will have an issue if I have 2 drakes and 1 duck.. but seriously... can't be all that much worse than randy Spring roosters... they ripped the top of my Olive's head off...remember? they're horrible. I can have a Drake Jail. Hopefully, if I do have a duck hen, she'll tolerate the chicken hens as company when she's separated from the boys.

so, it's been a pokey start to building, but it's going to be the Cadillac of Coops when it's finished!

So happy to see you back w birds Cheeka! My thoughts for your losses!!! It's always hard to lose a chicken! I always thought you might lose Rumples Scrambles when she first got injured. Love that she's still hatching!

Welcome Min!! Good to see you back!

Well I sold 3 baby piggies! They'll be going for pets so super happy about that! I think this means I should get more!
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
Not sure hubby feels the same way!

Hubby built me my birthday present finally!

Starting to see signs of spring everywhere with the plants! Can't wait to start planting....

Happy Birthday clindz! That garden is awesome, years of enjoyment and healthy eating ahead!

The ducks got outside for the first time yesterday and building started today! Posts are cemented in the ground...so technically, building starts in 4 days

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7798297/width/200/height/400[/IMG[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7798299/width/200/height/400[/OMG
she couldn't wait til the pool was filled...and she fed them peas in there too.
I ordered all the supplies I need to build their house. All redwood except the floorboards, because I won't pay 25 bucks a board x 27 boards to avoid pressure treated wood...the floor is going to be Douglas Fir. I only have to pick up the hardware cloth and whatever I decide to use to attach it, those v shaped nails or nuts, bolts and washers...anyway, it will last for ages and cost less than the prefab coop that would have required $500 in reinforcement. Lumber will be delivered on Friday, construction over the weekend!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7798299/width/200/height/400[/OMG she couldn't wait til the pool was filled...and she fed them peas in there too. I ordered all the supplies I need to build their house. All redwood except the floorboards, because I won't pay 25 bucks a board x 27 boards to avoid pressure treated wood...the floor is going to be Douglas Fir. I only have to pick up the hardware cloth and whatever I decide to use to attach it, those v shaped nails or nuts, bolts and washers...anyway, it will last for ages and cost less than the prefab coop that would have required $500 in reinforcement. Lumber will be delivered on Friday, construction over the weekend![/QUOTE]
Hahahaa! Looks like they are saying [I]the water is cold!!! [/I]One of my best memories was letting my Phoebe's ducklings swim in the outdoor bathtub. So much fun! Wrangler is going to have the best time with them! I can't wait t see your coop. You mentioned the neighbor... are they also building a coop and getting chickens? I was thinking you could have some Brutus and Neffie eggs sent out to incubate. [IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/styles/byc-smilies/love.gif

Also meant to ask how your dad was doing. Pneumonia is no fun.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom