Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

seriously?...it may take a young hen, especially those without a leader, a little time to figure out what to do... they are orphans you know and maybe the breed is geared more foe production than instinct. I had one that was confused when starting to lay and i just put her in the nesting box with reassurance. You might try rearranging things a bit to help her out.,even placing her in the box with the egg after the fact.

No this time a different hen laid a egg while roosting. It fell on the poop board without breaking. Then they all took turns pooping on it.

I know it wasn't my problem childs egg because her eggs are lighter in color. And also she laid her egg the same morning....on the poop board of course. So yes......they continue to play games ang show their *****

I could take away the roost. But there will be heck to pay. It makes you wonder how many ways they can come up with to mess with you. That pooping on the egg thing was well planned out. And not many of them missed it either. I threw it away. Just wasn't worth it and the thought of it.

Was just wondering. What if I took one of them away from the rest of the group for a few hours and hide her. Then come back a few hours later eating fried chicken in front of them.

I suppose it's time to bake that cake, no body wanted to go broody yet on this nest, maybe I'll give em another day to make up their minds, toss a coin maybe, send a text to your chickens....

Gee. With all those eggs, you may want to consider an English Trifle. Between the sponge cake and custard filling, it takes a dozen eggs. At least I *think* it's the trifle recipe. Maybe it's the chocolate creme cake.

Back
Top Bottom