Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

You mean I got more eggs than you did today without having to fire a shot? lol congrats on all the new chicks
jumpy.gif

Yea, can you believe it? Now I'm waiting for those first eggs! Ho hum. Got more chicks on the way though! Too bad they changed the post a pic thing, cannot follow it. I remember when i had too many eggs, ....the circle of life...

Just read the entire thread. My face hurts from smiling! Should have known someone with that avatar would appreciate the absurd. If I could get a Mallardgator like that, I'd put up with the ducky mess in exchange for flock protection!

Impatiently awaiting egg delivery from 8 slowpokes. Only one has started, and she's been so cranky and irritable. All the drama for little eggs the size of a golf ball. Feh. Been calling her Grumpus, but maybe one of those boy names would change her attitude faster. How about Stu?
lol.png
That might be a motivator.

Can somebody please tell me what this screaming at the top of her lungs is all about. Seems my little Buff Opington ( who by the way still hasn't laid) enjoys watching people run to the coop with clubs and guns knowing they are about to encounter a predator with a chicken in its mouth. Ever my neighbor from down the road has come running twice now. Each time I think "Its real this time", grab the gun and go running to them only to find them standing there begging for treats. Its not funny and its not April Fools Day

The neighbor wanted to know where my peacock was. He said that the chickens were fine when he got there out of breath and started looking for the peacock and whatever was killing it.

And I don't have a peacock. But that little screaming idiot in my chicken coop has some peocock blood in her somewhere along the line. She has too.

They make muzzles for chickens?

I cured my dogs of barking at the wind by wiring one of those bark actuated collars to an air horn. Every time they barked the horn blasted. After a week they only barked at real causes. (UPS guy and that kind of thing). Haven't needed it since. Think that would work on you're chicken?

They make muzzles for chickens?
I cured my dogs of barking at the wind by wiring one of those bark actuated collars to an air horn. Every time they barked the horn blasted. After a week they only barked at real causes. (UPS guy and that kind of thing). Haven't needed it since. Think that would work on you're chicken?
Probably not. They would all start doing it and wear out the air horn in a week if they thought it was going to torment me

Back
Top Bottom