Should I drain my hen who has water belly? How? Cons and Pros please!

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
I’m pretty sure my hen has water belly from what I’ve heard on my other post. She won’t eat or drink having trouble standing her butt is full of green poop and she seems pretty weak. I love her so much I’m closer to her than my dogs I don’t want to lose her she is almost two. I don’t know what to do some people say draining makes it worse and it seems to have helped other hens. This freaks me out and I’m unsure what to do! And how would I even do it? Just sits fluffed up in her nest box please help!

F264F1E9-3662-49C3-888A-47B72087BF69.jpeg

I’m pretty sure my hen has water belly from what I’ve heard on my other post. She won’t eat or drink having trouble standing her butt is full of green poop and she seems pretty weak. I love her so much I’m closer to her than my dogs I don’t want to lose her she is almost two. I don’t know what to do some people say draining makes it worse and it seems to have helped other hens. This freaks me out and I’m unsure what to do! And how would I even do it? Just sits fluffed up in her nest box please help!
Your thread can be found here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-my-hens-really-bad-off.1604383/page-6

Back
Top Bottom