should i get a petco parakeet?

Hey DOGG!! How are you?
I got all of mine from various pet stores but the one that came from a breeder died of an egg prolapse 😔... she was my favorite... I have seven now..
I’m great! How are you!? And awww I’m sorry to hear that!! :( 😭 just goes to show, sadly, that not all breeder birds are necessarily healthier and not all store birds are unhealthy. I have two but I want to get more or breed them eventually. But they’re so bonded I don’t want to add more haha

I’m great! How are you!? And awww I’m sorry to hear that!! :( 😭 just goes to show, sadly, that not all breeder birds are necessarily healthier and not all store birds are unhealthy. I have two but I want to get more or breed them eventually. But they’re so bonded I don’t want to add more haha
Oh yea, I hear ya... if they are really bonded then they should stay together even if you add more.. I think.. maybe oldhen would know better.
I am very well! I started taking horse riding lessons with the teen.. it has been fabulous!! I just LOVE horses! We are hoping to get our own after we are well trained!

They should stay bonded. I personally never had a problem adding new ones. I did have some bickering this pass summer when I lost a female, and the remaining males were arguing over the one female.

If you are concerned get another cage. Budgies live in large flocks in the wild, so they are used to lots of members.

Alot of the individual locations treat their animals very well, but the problem lies in their sourcing. The animals come from mass profit breeders where they are treated horribly. Essentially a puppy mill, but for birds/rodents/fish, etc. Buying birds and mammals from chain pet stores-and even many privately owned pet shops- is indirectly benifiting these suppliers. For the sake of the animal-and yourself- please keep looking for a reputable breeder, or an exotic pet rescue, so you may shop or adopt in good conscience.

Alot of the individual locations treat their animals very well, but the problem lies in their sourcing. The animals come from mass profit breeders where they are treated horribly. Essentially a puppy mill, but for birds/rodents/fish, etc. Buying birds and mammals from chain pet stores-and even many privately owned pet shops- is indirectly benifiting these suppliers. For the sake of the animal-and yourself- please keep looking for a reputable breeder, or an exotic pet rescue, so you may shop or adopt in good conscience.
Yeah, the sourcing and treatment of them is definitely a huge issue!! But some people don’t have any other options and I don’t think they should not be allowed to own them just cause they don’t have a choice. Although, that said, if there is a choice (which there usually always is) then I would definitely agree and say to rescue or find a breeder. I probably should have done that with mine but I fell in love with my male and his mate.

But it doesn’t even have to be an exotic rescue, a lot of regular dog and cat rescues have them even because people are always getting rid of budgies. Petfinder has a lot listed. Also Craigslist is another good place to look because there are always people giving them away there too or selling them for cheaper than the stores usually. Though the cages they come with usually suck but that’s a fairly small expense. I think the problem is most people impulse buy these animals so don’t think to look at a rescue. :/

Oh yea, I hear ya... if they are really bonded then they should stay together even if you add more.. I think.. maybe oldhen would know better.
I am very well! I started taking horse riding lessons with the teen.. it has been fabulous!! I just LOVE horses! We are hoping to get our own after we are well trained!
That is awesome!! I want to start horseback riding again so bad!! I miss it!!

And that’s good to know!! Thanks!! I guess I was more just worried they’d be disturbed since they’ve finally settled in? I don’t want to upset them or make them unhappy again. They’re SO happy right now :/

Plus Dizzy is loud enough 😂🤣😜
They should stay bonded. I personally never had a problem adding new ones. I did have some bickering this pass summer when I lost a female, and the remaining males were arguing over the one female.

If you are concerned get another cage. Budgies live in large flocks in the wild, so they are used to lots of members.
Thank you!! They definitely came from a big flock at the store but that was back in March and there were also only maybe 8 left.

I guess I worry I would upset them. Although Dizzy seems to be annoying Pride a lot lately 😂🤣 so I wonder if I should get them another LOL they still love each other but she’s also sometimes like just leave me alone and shut up 😂🤣

I wonder if they would feel more comfortable in a bigger flock?? But they are so loud and messy as is LOL

Back
Top Bottom