Should I have my silkie chick roost at night

So the little silkie girl turned out to be a silkie boy, like in the song "Lola" by the Kinks?
You gotta watch those Silkies, they will fool you! :gig

It was nice for you to give us an update. If you ever have any more questions, just let us know!
:thumbsup

I almost forgot. If you happen to get a silkie rooster, be forewarned they get busy! I only had 2 silkie roosters out of a dozen Silkies to make it to a year old, but for the next year, it seemed like 8 of 10 chicks hatched were half Silkie. Hence, all my Silkhorns and SilkRhodes running around here. They would break into breeding pens, tunnel under fences, basically do what ever they had to do to get to a hen they wanted. Heck! They were even tapping my game hens! Now I have half Silkie/half Gray/Roundheads/Lewis'/Asils running around that I have to feed. Can't sell them and all they want to do is Eat, Sleep, and F^<¿. I'd send them to Freezer Camp but they are nothing but bones and feathers!
About a month before spring breeding, I gotta lock them up in a bachelor's pad and put and end to this, even if they are really beautiful birds!
Or I may have to just turn them loose in Little Tijuana. They'll put them to good use!
With Silkies, a little goes a loooong way!
:gig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom