should I Look into this coop

But they're not that good.
They have next to no ventilation.
They grossly overstate the number of birds they will hold. The medium is only 18 sq ft yet it claims you can house 10 birds in it. I wouldn't put more than 5 in it and that's only if it had a fully predator proof run attached.
The nest box access is hinged top and they are notorious for leaking at that point.
There is not a good enough lip on the pop door to prevent the chickens from flicking/dragging out the coop bedding.
I will give them that they are studier than your standard pre-fab chicken coop.

Last edited:
I just received mine (the "large"), and while I do believe it is one of the better "prefab" options (in my price range), I REALLY wish I had done a bit more research before hitting the "buy now" button.

1.) I will DEFINITELY have to add ventilation - not something I want to have to do after already spending $2k on the coop.

2.) It's DEFINITELY NOT large enough for 15 chickens like they claim (it's 24 sq ft, so really 6 ought to be the max).

3.) The roosts are not spaced properly, so I will have to modify that myself.

4.) From floor to ceiling is less than 5ft, so I will have to get in and hunch over to clean. Not ideal.

5.) The windows are nice, but they need hardware cloth added (the screens in them would NEVER keep a predator out) - also, you have to get inside the coop to open them, which is a pain in the patootie.

I do think this coop will last a while, it seems well-built, but if I had it to do over, I may have looked into buying a shed type structure (at least I could stand up in that) and modify it to suit my needs (since I have to modify the Over EZ anyway). I wish you all the best in your coop-finding endeavor! It's not the worst prefab out there, but there are probably better options, in a similar price range, if you get a bit creative!

whats it called
I can't find it anymore, but here's the one we got for my goats. It's already gone up since we got it. We didn't put a floor under it because it's for the goaties, and we got leftover shingles from a local roofer.
Screenshot_20220820-194211_Samsung Internet.jpg

The chicken's shed I can't find. It didn't have a floor, either, but we just got 2 sheets of OSB and some 2x4s. It is like this, but at HD and much cheaper.
Screenshot_20220820-192632_Samsung Internet.jpg

I found this one, though. No floor, but comes with a roof, and nicely illustrates the idea that you can find bigger, better, and cheaper.
Screenshot_20220820-194900_Samsung Internet.jpg

I built my first coop out of recycled fence boards and t111 siding I got off Craigslist for $10 a sheet. It was 4x8 with a wood floor and a metal roof. I spent $250. The majority of that cost was the roof because I special-ordered the color.

And don't forget about hoop coops! Super inexpensive and easy to build.

I can't find it anymore, but here's the one we got for my goats. It's already gone up since we got it. We didn't put a floor under it because it's for the goaties, and we got leftover shingles from a local roofer.
View attachment 3230213

The chicken's shed I can't find. It didn't have a floor, either, but we just got 2 sheets of OSB and some 2x4s. It is like this, but at HD and much cheaper.
View attachment 3230216

I found this one, though. No floor, but comes with a roof, and nicely illustrates the idea that you can find bigger, better, and cheaper.
View attachment 3230215

I built my first coop out of recycled fence boards and t111 siding I got off Craigslist for $10 a sheet. It was 4x8 with a wood floor and a metal roof. I spent $250. The majority of that cost was the roof because I special-ordered the color.

And don't forget about hoop coops! Super inexpensive and easy to build.
You did good! I will get one similar as an addition, bit I like the overEazy. Those girls wintered over in it and I felt good they were dry and safe. They also have been able to use it in this awful heat.

Back
Top Bottom