Should I take it personally?? (neighbors)

They are acting childish, but they most likely do think you snubbed them. How could they not?

Tell them you're sorry it took you so long to get to their yard, but you all became sick with the flu. If you don't have their phone #, ask for it and say you can use it to call them and explain if it happens again.

Well that is (the time they asked me to cut their grass) honestly the only time Ive talked to them other than returning their dogs. Going and knocking on their door and being like 'Oh by the way I didnt cut your grass 2 months ago cause I was sick.. Okay. Bye!' wouldnt be odd?

I just feel weird going over there. I think they are druggies. They are up all hours of the night making loud noises with their cars..

why one earth would you volunteer to mow their yard if they are into drugs?? that is very dangerous.
i used to live next door to drug dealers..fun times!

Making loud noises with cars does not sound like druggies; it sounds like someone into racing or some form of motorsports. The driving up and down the driveway certainly sounds like they may have been working on a dragster, and those things are LOUD. (The drag strip is 10 miles from my house; I can hear the engines quite well.)

It does, sound like you need to set boundaries, though. Next time rather than saying "sure, but later" when someone asks you to do something, say, "I'm sorry, I'm in the middle of ...." If you later get time and are inclined to do the favour, then you can go over and offer. (Doesn't matter whether it is this neighbor or someone else.)

Quote:
I did not really think of it at the time..
But as the weeks have come and gone my eyebrow raises..

And at 4 AM in the morning they should NOT be running there cars up and down the drive..

they might be night owls..when the kids dont have school, its not unusual for all of us to be up til 3 in the morning, and i am known to go to the store really late to pick up snacks and stuff for movies
smile.png

Quote:
You might want to contact their landlord if you have a decent rapport with them. I would hope the landlord would want to avoid a tenant dealing with drugs and/or late night parties. If you fear for your dog or family you need to do something that won't backfire on you. I am sorry you are going through this. We have a neighbor who is sweet and not dangerous but she does little to keep up her front yard but and always has a car in her driveway and two more in front of her house. The thing is she is the only driver and its not visitor's cars!
barnie.gif
We and our other neighbors keep things tidy and attractive so her yard is a real drag... We wouldn't care if it was simple as long as it was neat. Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom