Should I worry??

Helenambm10

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 9, 2018
Hudson, NH
I recently bought 10 baby chicks and they’re about 3-ish weeks, all females. And one of them seems to be a little naked and I’m seeing some of the chicks pecking at her and I’m worried. I have 2 barred Plymouth rocks, 4 Easter eggers, 2 Rhode Island reds, and 2 buff Orpington. The one I’m worried about is an Orpington.

I recently bought 10 baby chicks and they’re about 3-ish weeks, all females. And one of them seems to be a little naked and I’m seeing some of the chicks pecking at her and I’m worried. I have 2 barred Plymouth rocks, 4 Easter eggers, 2 Rhode Island reds, and 2 buff Orpington. The one I’m worried about is an Orpington.
can i see some pix? jest wondering what that looks like

Helen, where are you brooding them, what is the temp inside the brooder/coop, are you using any supplemental heat right now? What are the dimensions of the brooder/coop? How long have you had them? What is the protein content of their feed? And What is the mill date of the feed? are they pulling feathers off this chick, or is she just smaller and slower to feather?

I’d remove her ASAP , she’s too little and could get hurt fast .
Make a circle of hardware cloth , put it in the brooder,hang these for food and water
Just cut a plastic bottle in half , punch holes and hang it with wire .
E022A74A-D9BC-41D9-8A7F-B99D27C25EA0.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom