Solved Should we eliminate or change post likes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like reactions and likes, kind of like iMessage. I love having likes, and I don’t even look at peoples likes count. But I enjoy having likes here, and if we remove likes please keep in mind we remove many filters while looking for a message or thread.
The latter part of this message confuses me. Likes are search filters in threadloom.

My biggest problem is that likes are a huge motivator for a post count that isn't educational or helpful. I'm sure there are some people who only post for likes.

My biggest problem is that likes are a huge motivator for a post count that isn't educational or helpful. I'm sure there are some people who only post for likes.
Who cares what someone else posts for. Don't let that bother you.

Sounds good. Any chance there can be a tab in the members section for 'most informative reactions'? (Maybe phrased differently.
There will be a reaction score that will replace the likes count, and it will either go up, or stay the same based on the reaction. We could set it so certain reactions have a negative reaction score, but like I said, we probably wouldn't do that. By default, it doesn't show what number of specific reactions a user has received, but there might be an add-on for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom