Shout out to Los Angeles

Hi, all! I'm a new egg to the chicken scene - planning on starting a small flock in the next few years. Would any of you West-Siders mind giving me a tour of your flock? I'd love to see how much space you need and how you've designed your coops, free range areas, etc. You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks so much! Also, as I'm learning, I'd love to chicken sit for you if you need someone this summer. Hands on experience would be appreciated. Will work for eggs.
wink.png

- Jewel

I'm a photography student at Santa Monica College looking for participants for a photo documentary about ways people go about getting local food in and around Los Angeles. I'm looking for someone who raises chickens to participate! This is a still photography project and it would involve me coming to your house, doing a short interview, and spending a few hours with you and your chickens. I'd also like to get photos of how you use the chickens for local food - so if you and your family eat the eggs, shots of you cooking with the eggs, maybe the kids eating the eggs, etc.

This is a still photography project (no video) and while there is no compensation for the project, I'm hoping to raise awareness about the different ways people can get involved in eating locally. I'll also be happy to give you a print as well as a few digital images.

If you're interested, please send me an email to [email protected] and tell me a little about yourself - who you live with, how many chickens, how you use the chickens for a local diet, what area of Los Angeles you live in, and any tidbits about your lifestyle.

Thank you!
Angie Johnson Graves

nah it's okay.... i can take pics of my own birds...

thx for bumping this up... newb here in the 562...

i'm addicted to bantams, and i'm proud to admit it... my number is now 17 and increasing with time... i need moar hens...!!!

Back
Top Bottom