Show me inside and outside of your homemade coops

Pics
With having so many changes since original construction I figured I would post the current layout of the coop.
This is general quarters:
Chicken area on left side, rabbit hutches on right side. Best thing ever done was to have a sink inside, perfect for dumping out buckets and cleaning. No running water inside during winter. Hanging old feed bags work great as garbage bags. Small coop within run was the original coop but is not currently in use.
View attachment 1641056
View attachment 1641057
View attachment 1641018
View attachment 1640954
It's tough to get a nice picture of the whole inside of the coop in one shot I can't back up far enough. I have it set up so with the drop of the center door I can easily have two stalls if ever needed.
View attachment 1641019
View attachment 1641020
View attachment 1640955
Ugly grey tarp and mat behind and left of roost are only up for winter months to assure not drafts at all.
View attachment 1640956
View attachment 1640957
Here is the right side with the rabbits:
I made a his and her cage setup with a drop down door to separate both cages if ever needed, heating pads work great for brooder and to wrap around the rabbits water bottle to keep it thawed. Tip still freezes but easy to work free with the warm water inside bottle.
View attachment 1640987
View attachment 1640988
View attachment 1640990
The rabbits really enjoy the sonotube
View attachment 1640993
Exterior of building will get stained this spring, I had to wait I used all raw rough sawn lumber
With having so many changes since original construction I figured I would post the current layout of the coop.
This is general quarters:
Chicken area on left side, rabbit hutches on right side. Best thing ever done was to have a sink inside, perfect for dumping out buckets and cleaning. No running water inside during winter. Hanging old feed bags work great as garbage bags. Small coop within run was the original coop but is not currently in use.
View attachment 1641056
View attachment 1641057
View attachment 1641018
View attachment 1640954
It's tough to get a nice picture of the whole inside of the coop in one shot I can't back up far enough. I have it set up so with the drop of the center door I can easily have two stalls if ever needed.
View attachment 1641019
View attachment 1641020
View attachment 1640955
Ugly grey tarp and mat behind and left of roost are only up for winter months to assure not drafts at all.
View attachment 1640956
View attachment 1640957
Here is the right side with the rabbits:
I made a his and her cage setup with a drop down door to separate both cages if ever needed, heating pads work great for brooder and to wrap around the rabbits water bottle to keep it thawed. Tip still freezes but easy to work free with the warm water inside bottle.
View attachment 1640987
View attachment 1640988
View attachment 1640990
The rabbits really enjoy the sonotube
View attachment 1640993
Exterior of building will get stained this spring, I had to wait I used all raw rough sawn lumber

OMG THIS BUNNY!!!!! Hes as black as my heart! I love him ! LOL

omg...my coop is almost finished. i am SUPER excited. i never thought a coop could invoke this much happiness!
DSCN0818.JPG DSCN0814.JPG DSCN0816.JPG brown is my favorite color...and i get to paint the coop ALL brown! yay!

omg...my coop is almost finished. i am SUPER excited. i never thought a coop could invoke this much happiness!
View attachment 1648746 View attachment 1648747 View attachment 1648748brown is my favorite color...and i get to paint the coop ALL brown! yay!
Looks great. May want to think about curtains for those hot summer days to block some sunlight. My only worry is that it may become a sauna in there even with the vents across the eves. Its a bit like a greenhouse and greenhouses got hot even with ventilation.

So many good ideas. I have learned so much here and I can't wait to put it all into action. Heh, I have so many different thoughts my first coop will probably fold in on itself and become a tesseract.
Same for me! We are building our own coop and so many ideas i like!!

Back
Top Bottom