Show me UGLY coops- where my peeps at?

Pics

animalyodelers

Songster
Oct 21, 2018
Olympia, WA, USA
I'm literally throwing together a makeshift coop, to be improved upon when weather gets better. I had a small playhouse I was modifying, but it got frustrating and wasn't big enough anyway (thanks chicken math, we have more than planned).

I love to get inspiration for DIY projects from seeing others (who doesn't) but seeing everyone else's gorgeous diy coops has me super bummed about mine so far.

Don't get me wrong, I never thought it was pretty! It is from entirely free and repurposed items except the hardware and hardware cloth (to be added still, along with the roof and half the walls).

I just need some camaraderie here! Who else has a super ugly coop, and/or mostly salvaged materials? Pics of mine so far will be below!

The original playhouse coop (not finished 20181024_133558.jpg ) 20181022_140815.jpg
) 20181022_140803.jpg

A coop doesn't have to be perfect, or even pretty, it just has to be functional and safe. I built a coop for my three hens and believe me, it's far from perfect. Nothing is square, and it's made from partly bought and partly salvaged wood. When you do salved parts, sometimes you have to just do how it will fit, not what is pretty. I'll give you a tip, everything looks better with a good coat of pretty paint!

A coop doesn't have to be perfect, or even pretty, it just has to be functional and safe. I built a coop for my three hens and believe me, it's far from perfect. Nothing is square, and it's made from partly bought and partly salvaged wood. When you do salved parts, sometimes you have to just do how it will fit, not what is pretty. I'll give you a tip, everything looks better with a good coat of pretty paint!
Thank you! :) I plan to paint it and put flower boxes around it, I think it will help! In the spring I can redo some of the uglier parts if necessary too.

Back
Top Bottom