Show me your coop runs!

Here's mine. My buddy gave me the wire all I had to do was buy the posts. I left a 6 inch gap between the 2 runs of fencing. My run is not covered but my old flock never tired to fly out of the run either. Even when I free ranged them and locked them up they wouldn't try to leave.
20170919_073054.jpg
20170919_073034.jpg
20170919_073150.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

the main coop to the left has two levels. behind the wood siding is a second level, broken into four main areas, an inner coop where the laying hens roost and three pens where the meet birds go for growing out. the lower section has two main areas, the run for the hens and a brooding area with separate nest box for a broody hen that can be closed off. the run to the right has a translucent roof for more light and can be closed off if I need another space, I used it last year for a broody hen with her chicks. the coop faces the north. it stays out of the hot summer sun but allows morning and afternoon direct sun, which the hens love. the coop is built into a hill and has been a work in progress for several years.

View attachment 1278920
the main coop to the left has two levels. behind the wood siding is a second level, broken into four main areas, an inner coop where the laying hens roost and three pens where the meet birds go for growing out. the lower section has two main areas, the run for the hens and a brooding area with separate nest box for a broody hen that can be closed off. the run to the right has a translucent roof for more light and can be closed off if I need another space, I used it last year for a broody hen with her chicks. the coop faces the north. it stays out of the hot summer sun but allows morning and afternoon direct sun, which the hens love. the coop is built into a hill and has been a work in progress for several years.
we need more pics!

IMG_6638.JPG
Do you have any pics of the inside of your coop?

Here's the inside, there is a lower roosting bar under the nesting boxes. We were planning on a little ladder for them to get to the roosting bar on the right and nesting boxes but they seem to be doing fine without it for now . There is a small door on the left also for when we get the run done

@ChickenFajita6 Did you build your coop to look like a saloon? It is pretty snazzy.

We did! Or rather, it is supposed to be an old western style hotel. We saw another coop done similarly and I loved it. The goal was to eventully add a fake front next to the saloon that looks like a feed shop - it will partially obstruct part of the open run. Once I get this part completely done, we might start worrying about that. We have SO MANY projects that need to be dealt with at our house and in the yard...it's just on the wish list.

Back
Top Bottom