Show Me Your Dogs!

What a sweet pup to share his toys šŸ˜‰
To be honest, It was meant to be the younger boy's toy. It's a teether toy. But big brother had taken over that particular toy, and he was gracious enough to share it with the puppy. I guess it's a community toy now?

I have two smooth coat collies, Beau is the one who is all stretched out and Charlie is his son, the one curled up. They might look like best buddies here but they act more like siblings than father and son! Beau is very intelligent and mature, while Charlie is just a happy little guy who loves to pester!
FC0F0272-DAE8-4F04-94A8-A23D1645C75C.jpeg

The tri is Beau and the sable (lying down) is Sadie, his ā€œwifeā€ (she is not ours, some friends own her). We bred them for the first time last May and got four puppies in June. We bred them for the second time about three weeks ago, waiting to hear still if she is pregnant!
37189FC4-32DC-43C1-B65F-AD894649B7E4.jpeg

And another one of Beau (left) and Charlie (right)
68824090-D480-42BA-9B97-B0FBDA91EAA3.jpeg

Last edited:
I have two smooth coat collies, Beau is the one who is all stretched out and Charlie is his son, the one curled up. They might look like best buddies here but they act more like siblings than father and son! Beau is very intelligent and mature, while Charlie is just a happy little guy who loves to pester! View attachment 2069030

The tri is Beau and the sable (lying down) is Sadie, his ā€œwifeā€ (she is not ours, some friends own her). We bred them for the first time last May and got four puppies in June. We bred them for the second time about three weeks ago, waiting to hear still if she is pregnant!
View attachment 2069031

And another one of Beau (left) and Charlie (right)
View attachment 2069032

They are both so stunning!! My husband wants a smooth coat for our next dog and Iā€™m very in support of his choice šŸ’•

They are both so stunning!! My husband wants a smooth coat for our next dog and Iā€™m very in support of his choice šŸ’•
I had no idea smooth coats even existed until our family started doing research on collies/aussies (and apparently most peeps donā€™t since when we go out people are always asking what they are). Itā€™s actually the dominant gene. I love the rough coats but theyā€™re a lot of work to keep neat! What breed are you planning to get?

I had no idea smooth coats even existed until our family started doing research on collies/aussies (and apparently most peeps donā€™t since when we go out people are always asking what they are). Itā€™s actually the dominant gene. I love the rough coats but theyā€™re a lot of work to keep neat! What breed are you planning to get?
A smooth coated Collie ā˜ŗļø He initially wanted a rough coat, but I couldn't handle all the grooming. Like you said- beautiful but so much work! The agreement about him getting a rough coat was contingent on me getting Papillon and him agreeing to groom both. He very quickly agreed to a smooth coat šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Both are gorgeous (of course), but I love how you can actually see what elegant dogs Collies are without their elegance being obscured by fur.

A smooth coated Collie ā˜ŗ He initially wanted a rough coat, but I couldn't handle all the grooming. Like you said- beautiful but so much work! The agreement about him getting a rough coat was contingent on me getting Papillon and him agreeing to groom both. He very quickly agreed to a smooth coat šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Both are gorgeous (of course), but I love how you can actually see what elegant dogs Collies are without their elegance being obscured by fur.
We often look at Beau and heā€™s just being so majestic, we have millions of pictures of him! Charlie on the other hand... heā€™s not quite as majestic :p collies are awesome dogs, I commend your choice!

Back
Top Bottom