Show Me Your Mix Breeds!!! (Alot of pictures)

Pics
Does anybody know what sort of mixes this hen and this rooster are? We have a bunch of chicks from them. Rooster has lightly feathered feet.

IMG_20200811_074810.jpg

IMG_20200806_100713.jpg

She looks like an australorp or jersey giant mix mixed with an easter egger.

She has a quick, narrow curve from her rump to her tail and the feathers end aiming upwards similar to an australorp.

She also has a fluffy rump similar to an EE and the cheek and chin of a EE too.

Sorry but I do not think that she is a favorolle mix because she does not show too much similarities to a favorolle.

Also
The black color gene in chicken feathers is a pretty dominant gene most of the time but doesn't show all too much when they are young. What other colors did she have when she was young? About 2 months old or less.

For example; My australorp/silver duckwing OEGB mix had a mix of their colors when she hatched but when she was one month old she lost all of her colors besides a few completely white primary feathers. She is 3 months old now and she is completely black.

I am not a chicken gene professional though. So don't take my word for it. Just a guess. :confused:

Flipper the Sultan mix. It was her second time being broody when I took this picture. Now she is the proud mother of Fraidy and Vanilla.
View attachment 2285797
Al the silkie mix. This is the father of Fraidy and Vanilla. I'm not the best photographer.
View attachment 2285803
These are chicks from Flippers first time being broody. There were three other chicks to, but they were sold to someone who had a small backyard flock.
View attachment 2285805
View attachment 2285808
Here is Jordan. He is a Cemani with some silkie in him. I don't know why he is in the cat house.
View attachment 2285812
These are some cochin mixes. The only way you can tell that they are mixes is that they have toes. I didn't realize before that I only took pictures of one bird. You can see Evie's the Asian Blacks feet in the background.
View attachment 2285817View attachment 2285818
Your barred hen look just like my hen I sold.😮 What's this one with yellow feet and 5 toes?

Back
Top Bottom