Show Me Your Mix Breeds!!! (Alot of pictures)

Pics
She looks like an australorp or jersey giant mix mixed with an easter egger.

She has a quick, narrow curve from her rump to her tail and the feathers end aiming upwards similar to an australorp.

She also has a fluffy rump similar to an EE and the cheek and chin of a EE too.

Sorry but I do not think that she is a favorolle mix because she does not show too much similarities to a favorolle.

Also
The black color gene in chicken feathers is a pretty dominant gene most of the time but doesn't show all too much when they are young. What other colors did she have when she was young? About 2 months old or less.

For example; My australorp/silver duckwing OEGB mix had a mix of their colors when she hatched but when she was one month old she lost all of her colors besides a few completely white primary feathers. She is 3 months old now and she is completely black.

I am not a chicken gene professional though. So don't take my word for it. Just a guess. :confused:
Olive could have australorp or Easter egger in her. The faverolle part is mostly a guess based on her brother (who is most likely a half-brother rather than a full brother). Also, I should probably mention that she’s a bantam.
She lays brown eggs and doesn’t appear to me to share any similarities with an EE other than the beard. But, I’m not sure. I got her when she was around 4 months old, and I didn’t get much information from her previous owner. It would probably be more accurate for me to just call her a mix of mixes. :p

Olive could have australorp or Easter egger in her. The faverolle part is mostly a guess based on her brother (who is most likely a half-brother rather than a full brother). Also, I should probably mention that she’s a bantam.
She lays brown eggs and doesn’t appear to me to share any similarities with an EE other than the beard. But, I’m not sure. I got her when she was around 4 months old, and I didn’t get much information from her previous owner. It would probably be more accurate for me to just call her a mix of mixes. :p
LOVE your profile!

Your barred hen look just like my hen I sold.😮 What's this one with yellow feet and 5 toes?
[/QUOTE
That barred hen actually has twelve toes. The one with yellow feet and five toes is a mix breed. It's grandmother was a mix between a silkie and a Japanese bantam. It's mother looks like a bantam cochin with 5 toes even though she's only half bantam cochin. I bred her to another bantam cochin rooster and somehow ended up with a bunch of bantam cochins that have five toes.

Thought I'd share one of my mixes. I believe she is Australorp, buff orpington mix.
This is Kentucky, she's the softest and has the Fluffiest Butt ever! Very docile. She's a big girl and lays beautiful large brown eggs, so far only about 3/week.
IMG_20201014_100237879.jpg
IMG_20200909_143359051.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom