Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of Americans do you keep?

We breed mainly Radio Kelsos from Jerry Leber, Deadend Blueface Hatch from Robert Harvey, and Albanys now, but also have some Lacy Roundheads, Deadend Gray, and some Cecil Davis Kelsos. We just added a pair of Penny Hatch and also Mclean. We cross our kelsos over hatch and like them very much. My Avatar pic is one of our Radio brood cocks.

Got u one on the way havoc btw you're welcome

Nice. Thanks a bunch!

Here are a few more pics I found on my computer.

One of our pure Radio brood hens. The pic makes her look white legged, but they are more a pale yellow.

Radios, same goes with the leg color.. they are pale yellow but for whatever reason the pic makes them look white.

Deadend Blueface cock

Blueface hen

Blueface hen

Blueface hen

We breed mainly Radio Kelsos from Jerry Leber, Deadend Blueface Hatch from Robert Harvey, and Albanys now, but also have some Lacy Roundheads, Deadend Gray, and some Cecil Davis Kelsos. We just added a pair of Penny Hatch and also Mclean. We cross our kelsos over hatch and like them very much. My Avatar pic is one of our Radio brood cocks.
How long have you been keeping them? Thats quite the collection.. I bet that took some time to accumulate pure stock like that? Direct from those breeders or second hand?

How long have you been keeping them? Thats quite the collection.. I bet that took some time to accumulate pure stock like that? Direct from those breeders or second hand?

We have had the Radios for about 9 years. We line breed to keep them pure and coming good size. They are as gentle as pups and that is a good quality when handling gamefowl. We got them from Frank Prater who got his original birds from Jerry Leber. He actually gave us one of his original hens from his trio when we bought our trio from him and she was pretty old at the time and lived to be a ripe old age of 15 before she finally died. She produced some fine roosters that first year we had them and never laid much after that. We got our Deadends directly from Robert Harvey of Deadend Gamefarm and have had them about 7 or 8 years. The rest we aquired here and there and all have proved to be very fine quality fowl. We cull heavily and only keep the best. All in all my husband has been raising and building his stock for over 16 years and his dad long before that.

We have had the Radios for about 9 years. We line breed to keep them pure and coming good size. They are as gentle as pups and that is a good quality when handling gamefowl. We got them from Frank Prater who got his original birds from Jerry Leber. He actually gave us one of his original hens from his trio when we bought our trio from him and she was pretty old at the time and lived to be a ripe old age of 15 before she finally died. She produced some fine roosters that first year we had them and never laid much after that. We got our Deadends directly from Robert Harvey of Deadend Gamefarm and have had them about 7 or 8 years. The rest we aquired here and there and all have proved to be very fine quality fowl. We cull heavily and only keep the best. All in all my husband has been raising and building his stock for over 16 years and his dad long before that.
Wow cool, I'm impressed. Sounds like you married into a good flock.. haha

I wish my family was involved with my chickens. I am all alone, which is why I share my pictures/experiences on here.

I dont know much about the breeders/farms you speak of, but the east coast guys might recognize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom