Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No is what had happened was, I was gonna break up all stags this weekend but I procrastinated and came home to this

The only thing that I think coulda happened was the 2 stags got into it. So I separated the other 2 into dome pens and put a pullet in each. Then realized crap I need to keep them (pullets) together to breed back to their dad so I had to hurry and make a trio. Usually no I don't pair up yet but needed to break some up
Bummer... always a bummer to come home to dead birds.

Bumping around the net came across some things...

Spur placement on the leg? Where should it be?

Also are some lines more prone to multi-spurs and if so which ones?

I have to break down the subjects so I can digest what I am reading... and understand.

Is "Sport" same as "Splash"? Or am I misunderstanding how the term is being used?

Comb types, seems to be a variety... curious what you all prefer and why?

Bummer... always a bummer to come home to dead birds.
yeah but he was just collateral from breeding for pullets

Here's a stag from the same breeding last year and hearing nothing but good from his owner

Bumping around the net came across some things...

Spur placement on the leg? Where should it be?

Also are some lines more prone to multi-spurs and if so which ones?

I have to break down the subjects so I can digest what I am reading... and understand.

Is "Sport" same as "Splash"? Or am I misunderstanding how the term is being used?

Comb types, seems to be a variety... curious what you all prefer and why?
all I can say is I have not heard splash referred to as sport, multi spur is usually an oriental thing, and I rather peacomb cause I cut those better but it's not a deciding factor in keeping or not
Spurs Ima pass on

Last edited:
Well my ruble hen and miner pullet both quit on their (5) chicks each. Want nothing to do with them now. I just penned all 10 of em. Can't let em run around on their own with no momma.

Absolute last chicks hatching/hatched of the year. My wife's pumpkins. Got 2 that i saw not sure how many she's got though. Miner hen setting on em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom