Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna ask some questions about the "sport" end of things, but didn't want to get the thread closed for discussing it.

That's some interesting info. I see what your saying about being deep game.
I think whomever said that has no clue how orientals are fought. I highly doubt that is true. Orientals must be deep game to be fought

I should clarify how they used to be fought. I don’t know about today. Back in the day was naked heel which takes a tough rooster

I think whomever said that has no clue how orientals are fought. I highly doubt that is true. Orientals must be deep game to be fought

I should clarify how they used to be fought. I don’t know about today. Back in the day was naked heel which takes a tough rooster
Yes it does.

My uncle use to say that when the stories got a little to much to believe
Lol I know that. I meant what were you saying was bullshit? Whether orientals shown naked heel were tough roosters or the other story about crossing RIR? Lol

I heard that one breeder of oriental game fowl used RIR hens x to oriental stags becuase they produced legs with a specific scale pattern that their Vietnamese customers would buy. Don’t know how game the offspring was but that is what came out in a leg scale discussion else where.
I’d say that’s not true at all.

Adding anything outside of game blood to gamefowl destroys everything we are trying so hard to keep alive. If gamefowl don't have gameness then why breed them? Why feed them? Cut their heads off and let the coyotes have them. It takes the same amount of feed to raise Game fowl as it does junk (cold fowl) much less the time we spend EVERY DAY in the rain, sleet, snow, what ever it doesn't matter we are out there taking care of them. I really don't understand why destroy the blood of good gamefowl. You have to have foundation stock to build on or go back to. A person now days can't go out and buy honest gamefowl anymore. Try to find someone out there that has a family of fowl that has not added this and that to it. 99% of them wish they had what they started with. Foundation, I can honestly say that I've never blended anything to my broodfowl. I don't know if y'all remember the Albanys I had, but I spent 2 years raising more of them. The man I got them from swore that he told me they didn't have a lot of bottom. I was taught that bottom comes from your hatch blood (the ability to go for hours) idk but anyway the Albanys had cold blood running through them and I culled everyone of them. 2 years of time and money wasted.

Adding anything outside of game blood to gamefowl destroys everything we are trying so hard to keep alive. If gamefowl don't have gameness then why breed them? Why feed them? Cut their heads off and let the coyotes have them. It takes the same amount of feed to raise Game fowl as it does junk (cold fowl) much less the time we spend EVERY DAY in the rain, sleet, snow, what ever it doesn't matter we are out there taking care of them. I really don't understand why destroy the blood of good gamefowl. You have to have foundation stock to build on or go back to. A person now days can't go out and buy honest gamefowl anymore. Try to find someone out there that has a family of fowl that has not added this and that to it. 99% of them wish they had what they started with. Foundation, I can honestly say that I've never blended anything to my broodfowl. I don't know if y'all remember the Albanys I had, but I spent 2 years raising more of them. The man I got them from swore that he told me they didn't have a lot of bottom. I was taught that bottom comes from your hatch blood (the ability to go for hours) idk but anyway the Albanys had cold blood running through them and I culled everyone of them. 2 years of time and money wasted.
I haven’t had any fowl anywhere as close as long as you but I still have everything I obtained “as I got them”. I have crossed some but still have all the parents penned in pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom