Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put it like this two pretty badass men that have fought with fists their whole life and are good get into a fight with each other but now each are armed with knives. After a few stabbings if they keep going till one dies then they both great if one flees than that one is still just good.
Yeah that metaphor makes sense. I have never been to that extreme, so I can't say much about it.

Even though it is part of the sport/history, I don't like the weapon aspect. I'd rather have a natural boxing match. So I lean towards that direction... and whatever breeding/culling I do probably reflects that tendency. I know that's blasphemy to a cocker. but in my opinion, the sport probably started as a natural event (thousands of years ago), and over time the pressures from gambling and blood lust dictated the need for weapons..

That's fine do what u do all's I want to get out there is not all games are created equal. So to assume one will act like another isn't good

Last edited:
I agree.. but I just want to add one more thing..

Saying "any hen that tolerates other hens is not dead game" is like saying "any cock that is not a man fighter, is not dead game."

Both are ridiculous statements. We bred rooster to not fight man, and we bred hens to co-exist.

Rebuttal: not I lol. I don't keep many hens they either for broodies or to be bred if their brothers are to good to good cocks or for crosses or to get stock up but honestly I haven't thought of ability to coexist like ever.

Last edited:
I just put a Kelso hatch hen with a sweater bull stag for the first time together and there went the feathers and they weren't hers lol.

Last edited:
Quite the contrary what a b of a hen. I put him in he did his lil dance put his wing down strutted up sideways and bam bam bam right to the head lol. That's the hen I want

Last edited:
I agree.. but I just want to add one more thing..

Saying "any hen that tolerates other hens is not dead game" is like saying "any cock that is not a man fighter, is not dead game."

Both are ridiculous statements. We bred rooster to not fight man, and we bred hens to co-exist.
I'm with you on the sentiment/ideal, but sadly even my hand raised stags will kick if I rush them too fast. Sure wish I could work out that hen thing without them growing together but that's not happening either. I told you of my hens vs Hawks issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom