Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always I am going to play devils advocate... although I am not arguing or agreeing with anybody (don't even know why there is any contention).

Pecking orders change over time, and relationships are complex. Hens will respond differently towards the various other hens they meet and age has a lot to do with it. An old grumpy hen may whoop on a younger hen, but that does not mean the older hen is more desirable than younger. The hierarchy may change as the younger matures.

My Modern Game hen rose to the top of the hierarchy (within the aviary). and now dominates the golden hen shown below... doesn't mean that the Modern or Golden hen lack any courage/gameness.

There's a night and day difference in game and dead game unfortunately if I explain the difference I'll be disbarred

There's a night and day difference in game and dead game unfortunately if I explain the difference I'll be disbarred
Knowing the difference says it all my good sir.
1f609.png

I'll put it like this two pretty badass men that have fought with fists their whole life and are good get into a fight with each other but now each are armed with knives. After a few stabbings if they keep going till one dies then they both great if one flees than that one is still just good.

As always I am going to play devils advocate... although I am not arguing or agreeing with anybody (don't even know why there is any contention). Pecking orders change over time, and relationships are complex. Hens will respond differently towards the various other hens they meet and age has a lot to do with it. An old grumpy hen may whoop on a younger hen, but that does not mean the older hen is more desirable than younger. The hierarchy may change as the younger matures. My Modern Game hen rose to the top of the hierarchy (within the aviary). and now dominates the golden hen shown below... doesn't mean that the Modern or Golden hen lack any courage/gameness.
I know of a breeder in the islands that woke to a lot of dead hens due to an unusually hard night rain.

Fyi pvc ratchet type pipe cutters work great for cutting spurs. One person fast and simple. Just did some click.it down to the spur and one more click it's off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom