Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pumpkin

I'm not disputing whether or not they feel pain. I'm saying the man your quoting is more appropriately known in some circles as one of the fathers of animal rights. Many of which have far reaching consequences even for you. I could go on and on but I wont. This issue is important to me and I have yet to hear a legitimate point come out of any wacky animal rights type. Usually the facts are so twisted to benefit the personal beliefs of the soft hearted who wants to believe we live in a world without pain and suffering. Misguided, naive and absurd is the nice way to put it.

A citation is in order for assertion made about Kant. The "some circles" comment does not inspire credulity. I have had the unpleasant experience of dealing with both ends of spectrum on this issue and the facts are often not held in high regard by either extreme.

A citation is in order for assertion made about Kant. The "some circles" comment does not inspire credulity. I have had the unpleasant experience of dealing with both ends of spectrum on this issue and the facts are often not held in high regard by either extreme.
care to elaborate I'm highly interested now.

The Face value of the simple facts I will agree are never favored by extremists. Much like the early years of just about every combat sport there are things done well and others the sport could do without. As man kind we have deem ourselves the only judge of what animal kind may or may not care to do. That arrogant perspective is the only cause for much of the debate on said topic. I'm Just saying
1f608.png

Last edited:
Just how stuffs twisted when a cocker got raided by me animal right people were on tv holding Broody hens saying how deplorable the conditions were that the hens being held had skin infections with losing feathers and showing their bare bellies from pulling feathers.
I say I do what I do and you do the same, as a human just as I u have no say so in what I do , u don't like it u can suck it. Not just with gamecocks either I'm talking my rights as an American citizen. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!!!!!!

I am not so patient.

The anti-gamefowl folks have difficulty getting their facts straight about the nature of gameness and frequently do not know what they are looking when passing judgement or talking to the general public. They are also prone to powerfully stupid acts when engaging in their “rescue” efforts that can result in very poor treatment of the “rescued” birds. Many also state the birds are aggressive to humans as a rule. I have also seen where the gameness attribute is said to be the result of training. They say nothing about the outcome of gamefowl if their efforts are successful.

Members of the other extreme will indicate the birds feel no pain or always aggressive and that husbandry has not effects on how the birds behave. Some of the worst damage from this latter group involves the latter group the wantonly discussing the gameness attribute as something to be desired in females and juveniles that gives the appearance of bloodlust tendencies of those people. Some of the lack in mouth control would get you in trouble with your elders or shunned by others in the gamefowl community. Gamefowl folks are (especially were) often highly respected in their communities although those doing a lot of the talking on the web are overly represented by those with a lack of mouth control.

Some of this conflict (where I deal with it) is more frequently encountered around commercial animal production. Longer term I think animal production will become less intensive / less stressful as market will increasingly reward such efforts. Currently on that front some of the anti-animal producers say all such efforts are always and excessively cruel while many producers say the other group is dead set on shutting down agriculture and all keeping of companion animals and even zoos.

I invest a lot of effort in educating the public and much of that damage control. Gamefowl are my preferred teaching tools because they so good for disproving inaccurate perceptions while also exciting those so exposed.

Last edited:
I agree with most of what you posted. However I do disagree about animal production becoming less intensive. The costs of doing so will make food far too expensive, not to mention the lack of available land for agriculture purposes. Just as organic, free range, grass fed and every other term for the most part is bought by the people who live and work in and around densely populated areas where they generally earn a higher wage. There's a reason why animal production is so intensive. The market demanded it because it's cheaper. I don't agree with some of the practices but I don't have a solution either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom