Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
e00a46bf-3932-4895-8e99-66033f3ecfcc-jpeg.1459514

Stag?

That's a duck

5AF5BFCE-85DC-476D-A25F-A66E917599FD.jpeg
577E461A-F7FD-4D7B-B6C1-D0A5275E98E3.jpeg
Totally sucks I can’t have roosters, I could have adopted some gorgeous American Games from the pound today... along with the dogs.

However after 4 days of near combat sport to adopt we succeed in adopting 2 terriers... the first little guy is home resting from all the vet stuff, tomorrow after work I will pick up dog number two. Shots, blood work, heart worm tested, microchipped and neutered, along with all fees for vet care, adoption and licensing were waved on both dogs. That is why it was so hard to get one dog let alone two.

Anyway if you are in my county they got chickens. Would have loved to take one rooster but cannot have them here. ☹️ Totally happy we were able to eventually get two wirehaired small dogs though. Oh my hens are all bigger than these dogs, pretty sure the cats are bigger too... these terriers are small boys.

Attachments

• 527DE1D6-C37D-4043-BCB2-D64B9EB8CCBE.jpeg
    527DE1D6-C37D-4043-BCB2-D64B9EB8CCBE.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 8
View attachment 1460827 View attachment 1460826 Totally sucks I can’t have roosters, I could have adopted some gorgeous American Games from the pound today... along with the dogs.

However after 4 days of near combat sport to adopt we succeed in adopting 2 terriers... the first little guy is home resting from all the vet stuff, tomorrow after work I will pick up dog number two. Shots, blood work, heart worm tested, microchipped and neutered, along with all fees for vet care, adoption and licensing were waved on both dogs. That is why it was so hard to get one dog let alone two.

Anyway if you are in my county they got chickens. Would have loved to take one rooster but cannot have them here. ☹️ Totally happy we were able to eventually get two wirehaired small dogs though. Oh my hens are all bigger than these dogs, pretty sure the cats are bigger too... these terriers are small boys.
Pics?

I know grey is a strong gene as far as color goes. Really no idea I looked into white so much my head spun so much that I don't care to read into it to much if anymore. So I've asked a fella that will have some answers hopefully he gets back to me here soon. From what I've read only dominant white can throw grey if it's in the blood somewhere and eventually it's gonna come out two recessive white birds can not. I just so happen to have breed two different families and popped out a grey. So time to not worry and time to care for the bird in hopes to have a great outcome.
He bit my nipple after getting him out of his pen....15mins later he was on my lap he's gonna need some work but there's plenty of time hopefully.

Last edited:
I didn’t take pictures, they were up on the net on day one of the great let’s get two dogs marathon. I couldn’t find them... but there were a couple great looking game stags on the net. I know they got like 59 chickens though as they specifically put that info out today at the shelter, also horses, ducks, rabbits and more, way more critters than on the site... I would have to go down on Tuesday to get photos... and after 4 days of wandering around lost searching the kennels, I am a bit done. But man they looked awesome when I stumbled over the images, before going down. I know they are there though, heard them crowing. Plus heard one of the officers talking to a volunteer about maybe staking them out on cords for exercise, so they were discussing supplies needed. So I am pretty sure they are there... not sure why I cannot find their images right now on the net. Looked like all the same strain to me too, but you guys know I can’t say which... just nice proud birds, looked healthy and beautiful.

Ok I've done some dig'n and calling and texting. Here's what I've came up with so far on the blood lines of the white fowl I'm breeding.

Cock is full Leonard Bryant cock no added blood.

Hen is 1/8 Cantrell Grey 7/8 Leonard Bryant. From what I got the Cantrell grey that was used to get these greys originally back in the day was 1/2 bumble foot 1/2 bates. So maybe this will spark your interest lmj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom