Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 9 in brooder 1 just hatched in incubator and now 1 is under a hen!! And she has a few more eggs to hatch! And refuses to get up. Should I move chick in brooder with the rest? Or should I leave him with his mom?

I would put the ones the hen hatches in the brooder just watch they don't pick on the new arrivals I do that all the time and she shouldn't get off the nest but she will be ******. If I can explain right get the chicks from the hen and kind of cover them in your hands get the chicks worked up in the brooder and try to put the chicks in when it's chaotic in the brooder. You're trying to sneak the chicks in instead of setting them in it with all the other chicks zoned in on them. If u understand that. The other chicks will teach the new ones to eat and drink. I do small hatches and have multiple clutches and ages brooded together with no problems

Last edited:
Big brother ( or sister )

In my experience now I'm talking hens that their job is to be Broody hens. I can just lift her with one hand and take the chick out with the other and set her back down and she dosnt move. Or when they all hatch I take the chicks at a day old and put another set of eggs in the nest and they go right back to setting. I can't say for sure about yours though each is different. How old is the hen? Has she hatched before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom