Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will she grieve n give up? Should I wait till morning to be able to watch her?
if your worried take the chick and put it in the brooder. You'll know in a few minutes whether she gets back on the eggs. If she don't put em in the incubator

Last edited:
If It were me I'd take the chick I highly doubt she'll abandon the nest but I'm not telling u to do that for the record just in case

I don't think coyotes will be on the protected list anytime soon.
last I heard, you could get up to $65 a pelt
and, I understand the coydogs are more aggressive and less afraid of humans,

Thank u so much. Gonna wait till morning n see if there's others to figure out what to do!
night-time is best(perfecto) for removing chicks from under hen (out of sight&sound - out of mind&bother) .... daytime removal can produce problems ..... but there are exceptions and no two hens react the same . If you have removed eggs or a chick from her then you already know . Good Luck.

Last edited:
@Caseymacom, the hen you have looks exactly like my first hen ever, Daisy, a roundhead. I can't wait until those little babies grow up so we can see. My grandpa always called those rose combed bantams. I can't tell how big he is.
@Whitneyfroust he looks even more like what my grandpa called rose combed bantams with the white cheeks. He is just a cutie pie. (I'm a sucker for chickens with big ol white cheek pads.)

Btw, if anyone has a wheaten or partriage hen in the eastern sc area, let me know. I'm not looking for pure lines, I'm just playing in the sandbox with these, and don't have what I want. I will give both of my grey stags away to get an affordable red game hen.

white cheek pads = earlobes?

Her other eggs haven't hatched yet. But I think that chick was born yesterday. Should I wait or candle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom