Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just took a major hit. Strong storm front went through a little over an hour ago. Pens modifications to protect against direct effects of wind did well. Problem came from empty pens stored in row. Wind made missiles out of those where one smashed through fence to crash into a breeding pen with old brood hen a line is being set on plus another pen near it. Hen, stag with here, and cock in adjacent pen all released. Lightening and real serious wind rendered dogs useless and I could not go out for a while myself. Fence also knocked out by lightening. Female dog and I went out to see Red Fox working perimeter of fence. When we got there I found hen dead by fox. Stag as up on a pen and cock as all the way up to house on lawn mower which I did not see until looking for him for over 30 minutes. I already put flock through a serious downsizing only to take a hit like this. Going to preserve some tissues off hen so might be able to clone her in about 20 years.

I have four stags to choose from to reset line but was not planning on doing much breeding this year. Now that will have to be reconsidered.

That fox is dead meat.

Man centra got hit from all ways at once that sucks. I can relate to how everything can go to hell in a handbag practically instantly can get u pretty disgusted.

9 out of 9 with one fatality

What breeds of game birds do you guys have ? I got leiper , Chet , jap , Kent mug , and some greys
I am just an amateur and play around with Miner Blues from SDM on here and also keep some miniature Spanish. Been using the Spanish to make some Miniature Blues like I had as a kid.

We just took a major hit. Strong storm front went through a little over an hour ago. Pens modifications to protect against direct effects of wind did well. Problem came from empty pens stored in row. Wind made missiles out of those where one smashed through fence to crash into a breeding pen with old brood hen a line is being set on plus another pen near it. Hen, stag with here, and cock in adjacent pen all released. Lightening and real serious wind rendered dogs useless and I could not go out for a while myself. Fence also knocked out by lightening. Female dog and I went out to see Red Fox working perimeter of fence. When we got there I found hen dead by fox. Stag as up on a pen and cock as all the way up to house on lawn mower which I did not see until looking for him for over 30 minutes. I already put flock through a serious downsizing only to take a hit like this. Going to preserve some tissues off hen so might be able to clone her in about 20 years.

I have four stags to choose from to reset line but was not planning on doing much breeding this year. Now that will have to be reconsidered.

That fox is dead meat.
Sorry to hear that Centra. Sounds like a rough night.

Just woke up. Overs slept and feel hungover. Sleep schedule is going to be off for a while.

Sorry to hear centra, I have several of my broodfowl on 2 yards just in case something happens. Hopefully nothing will, it also helps in rotating broodfowl every couple of years to. I hope you are able to get your line back going without to much headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom